Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Advice on new BA booking before cancelling original booking

Hi folks,

More advice needed.

So looking like we are having to cancel/change our June/July BA package, flights and one night at Sofitel.

The same package is currently £3000 more tonight Ouch 😯

I’ve priced the dates we ‘think’ Hubby will be home now on his new rota but he isn’t back to work till week Thur. it’s driving me crazy as prices have dropped last 2 days for new dates and prices we can pay although £800 more than original booking better than the £1200 the other night and the £3000 extra if going direct.

I was thinking of making a complete new booking at deposit of £200 in hope that when he finds out officially, when he returns to work, then we can then cancel first booking and apply for FTV and then apply the FTV to our new booking. Would this work or can you only use FTV to new booking made at the time?

I know it sounds madness but the way the other dates have increased I’m worried these dates too. They are completely different dates to original booking so shouldn’t show as a duplicate.

Also would we receive refund on Sofitel? I can’t see anything in our terms. We would be re-booking same hotel just different date.

We booked under the book with confidence and travel before Aug 2022.

Sorry for long winded post.
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Yes I did this, made a new booking for the new dates I wanted, then as soon as I’d done that I went and requested the voucher for the first booking. Then when I got the email with the FTV I replied to that email with my new booking reference and then they applied the value of the FTV to the new booking.
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I may be wrong but I was sure the original booking needs to be cancelled (FTV requested) before you book your new dates.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ben1993 View Post
Yes I did this, made a new booking for the new dates I wanted, then as soon as I’d done that I went and requested the voucher for the first booking. Then when I got the email with the FTV I replied to that email with my new booking reference and then they applied the value of the FTV to the new booking.
Thank you it’s so hard as can’t get through on phone or online to ask advice.
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
I may be wrong but I was sure the original booking needs to be cancelled (FTV requested) before you book your new dates.
Thanks I’m not sure read both and can’t get through on phone etc 🙈
Old 25 Oct 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've had a back & forth with BA with vouchers that had no online code, after initially being told I couldn't use them after making a booking but insisting that that isn't what the e-mails state! I'm now awaiting their next answer!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Yes! Sorry you’re right. FTV requested first then immediately booked new dates.
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

The official rule is that you can’t apply an FTV that was requested after the new booking was made. But you do get the odd positive response when emailing.

Live chat/phone has been a no go for me (0/3) but I’m 50/50 (2/4) when using email to get it applied.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Thanks folks

See when you get a FTV is it just for deposit or for full amount that you had paid?

I paid deposit back in June but since paid some of package off, not due to fly till June 2022.

:-)
Old 25 Oct 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Ok bit more time tonight so found it in terms and conditions that FTV can only be used towards a new booking :-(

The no knowing of hubby’s work rota is driving me crazy!

Wondering if difference in price is due to BA ‘sale’ which of course ends in couple of days,

Scared to cancel the original booking as it’s gone up so much, nothing is easy when it comes to Disney just now lol

I did say to hubby I will go myself with quines and if he gets home grand he can make his own way over the pond 🤣🤣🙈 he wasn’t best pleased lol