Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Katethompson
New Poster (2)

Mobile August 2020 1st time booking

Hi
Thanks for your advice. Travelling from London for 2 weeks in August 2020. Hoping for Disney hotel with free DDP first week the universal with fast passes for second week. I’m
Keen to book on 25th April but the quotes are £9000 so far. I looked at flights alone and £1000 each! Is this what I should expect or could I do it cheaper?
Thanks everyone
Katethompson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerMLSH
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi, Im not sure what prices to actually expecr but thought I’d share my costings. We bit the bullet yesterday and booked our Aug 2020 trip through virgin, this included the DDP package. Our total cost for 3 weeks which consists of a week at Rosen inn at point Orlando and our remaining 2 weeks at CSR with the upgraded dining plan, Disney tickets, full size SUV and insurance was just under 10K for 2A 2C (12 & 6). I did intend on doing a DIY package as I know I could of knocked a few K of the price going by 2019 prices but at the same time I know that this next year for myself is going to be manic with work so just wanted to get it all booked and start a countdown.
TinkerMLSH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Katethompson
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Thank you. Seems for a package that this is pretty standard then. Should I hold out and not book flights yet?
Katethompson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerMLSH
Proud to wear my Ears

Maybe worth getting a few quotes, seeing who can price match as well as doing your own costings for A DIY. I hope you manage to find what is right for you and your family
TinkerMLSH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Try getting a quote and talk through options with mymagic holidays. They’re a lot cheaper than some of the other agents.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by firsttimemouse View Post
Try getting a quote and talk through options with mymagic holidays. They’re a lot cheaper than some of the other agents.
That’s not always the case, they were over £1000 dearer with my quote! You’re best just getting several quotes from different agents, give Pillinger World Travel a try as they were by far cheapest for me.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

I would get a quote from Charter Travel too - their price for us was over £1k less than what virgin wanted for same holiday!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Depending on your dates in August I'd possibly swap the weeks around. The later in August you go, the quieter it is.

Therefore the first, busier, week could be used at Universal using express passes, and the second, quieter, week at Disney where FPs are a bit more limited. You don't really need a full week at Universal either. 3/4 days is enough to do it well, especially with express passes.
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Slightly disagree. In 2017 we did Universal for 4 days, mid August. The parks were quiet. We then moved to Disney for 9 nights and Disney was busier than usual, still quiet though, but resorts and parks were extremely busy towards the last week in August. We asked staff and the reason is because the US free dining starts towards the end of August.

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Depending on your dates in August I'd possibly swap the weeks around. The later in August you go, the quieter it is.

Therefore the first, busier, week could be used at Universal using express passes, and the second, quieter, week at Disney where FPs are a bit more limited. You don't really need a full week at Universal either. 3/4 days is enough to do it well, especially with express passes.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List