Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Aug 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I booked for Sept this year before we knew about the opening of GE and after initially being concerned I cant wait to see it now. I'm offsite and it it causes more crowds that's life, as we will just have to enjoy the park a different way.

I am also less concerned now the announcement of a date for ROR opening as some people may want to hold off. I would also say the offers that Disney are putting on across the pond signals at least there own properties are not as busy as expected.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Galaxy's Edge will probably be very busy (maybe) and Hollywood Studios will be busier than normal. I suspect there will be minimal impact on the other 3 parks though.

Hagrid has really long lines but most of the rest of IOA and Universal Studios isn't "bedlam". They haven't been affected much.

Therefore I would not put off visiting WDW just because of Galaxy's Edge. I might avoid Hollywood Studios, but not the other parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:37 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

Hagrid also seems to have been worse because it keeps opening and closing.
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jonomassey
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We're at Disney at the beginning of November which in the past has been relatively quiet but we're expecting it to be a busier this year due to GE. I'm a star wars fan and looking forward to visiting GE but the wife isn't so were only planning on visiting it once whilst were there and will probably visit Epcot wine and food festival more. It will be busier, but its not going to stop us enjoying our holiday.
jonomassey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
njc97
Getting to know the DIBB

The super early magic hours for HS presumably means they're expecting lots of visitors for next few months, based on ticket/hotel bookings (?) It does make me worried about what it's going to be like (going late October).
njc97 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by njc97 View Post
The super early magic hours for HS presumably means they're expecting lots of visitors for next few months, based on ticket/hotel bookings (?) It does make me worried about what it's going to be like (going late October).
Disney thought they were going to get lots of visitors over the summer in Disneyland California due to GE. Hence why they blocked annual pass holders during the first few months. However, that didn't seem to happen, other than in the first couple of weeks after it opened.

But, as you say, you'd assume they would have a rough idea of how busy it was going to be based on the dated tickets and hotel bookings.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It could go either way.

But I wouldn’t measure galaxys edge against the opening of any other land.

Star Wars is the biggest fandom - but the sheer size of the crowds expected to come will be counteracted for several reasons:

.Therell be a selection of Star Wars fans who pay to just visit studios and won’t be fussed about anything else. The absolute obsessive fans.

.Have we ever seen Disney put on the amount of extra extra magic hours before? This is going to help the crowds massively. I think the people on two week visits will get the most out of their holidays if they make good use of these hours AND the park hopping option. And do half days in the parks. Morning and Evening. That’s my plan anyway.

.Ive seen a lot of Brits say that they have cancelled their holiday in September due to not wanting to deal with the crowds. This could actually mean less crowds.

.Its already been opened for months in Cali and it’s identical pretty much. My earlier point about Star Wars/Disney Park die hards might actually not be accurate. Surely the majority went to the first park opening. Will the novelty only be there for new park guests/tourists etc?

In short. I think Galaxys Edge will still be ridiculously busy - and this May impact on Studios as a whole but I also think that the new tiers counteract this. Studios may only be a park that you can handle this September with fast passes. I really don’t think the impact on wider Disney will be that bad though, and there will be ways to get around it and avoid the crowds. It might be busier than normal at September but I can’t see it being that bad other than in DHS
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We booked to go this year instead of next in order to avoid SWGE ! But once we found out about it opening early, like Queensabob, we have now decided to embrace it. Our first full day there we will be up at silly o'clock anyway so we will get the first bus we can in to HS & just see what happens, we have reservations of Oga's at 11.15am & are advised to get there for 11am so something must be put into place for those that have reservations otherwise there will be a lot of very unhappy people to contend with if they miss there reservation!
What ever happens it ain't gonna spoil our holiday.
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Pfgtips60
Gone all Goofy

We are flying out on 2nd Sept and were really worried about the crowds. We are going to Galaxy edge on the 4th and Touring Plans initially had the crowd level down as a 9 for that day, however a couple of weeks ago it was downgraded to a 7. The rest of the parks are between 1 and 4 for the 2 weeks we are there. In fact they have HS as a 5 on the 11 Sept. I’m really hoping they are correct.
Pfgtips60 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Just spoke to a CM outside Galaxy’s Edge, car park opens at 2am. However If you have a reservation for Oga’s Cantina you are guaranteed entry to the land.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List