Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Oct 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went to Dubai in April, first time and wasn’t sure what to expect. We loved it! I’d highly recommend a dessert safari and download the entertainer app. It costs about 50 pounds but we saved over 500 pounds using it over 5 days as it gives you BOGOF at loads of places, discounts at shops etc.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
We went to Dubai in April, first time and wasn’t sure what to expect. We loved it! I’d highly recommend a dessert safari and download the entertainer app. It costs about 50 pounds but we saved over 500 pounds using it over 5 days as it gives you BOGOF at loads of places, discounts at shops etc.
Entertainer is on offer atm too
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I’m looking at booking the Atlantis next year again / it was so amazing !
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We stayed at Atlantis in May last year for one night with our trip to Dubai... it was amazing...we loved it.
As we were leaving they said see you when you come back..I thought ..maybe in two years time.
Then Emirates had a fab offer for next May at Atlantis in a club room for three nights...could not let it go😂
They must know everyone wants to go back.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Smife
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Never really fancied going here, but this thread has made me a little interested. So as I’ve never really look at Dubai I was wondering what would be a good price for two adults for 7/10 nights? I had a quick look last night but having never looked I don’t really know what a good price is.? tia for any help.
Smife is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

We went to motion gate theme park well worth a visit although we did get free tickets with Emirates.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Alcohol is expensive so be prepared about £10 a pint.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
candy
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Just back absolutely fantastic
Booked a club room ,all things considered half board, transfers,lounge access cocktails 5-7 etc etc
Felt very reasonable compared to the USA
Restaurant's waterpark rooms hotel fantastic
Fully recommended
candy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi all - ok I’ve now booked to go back again - going back for ten nights next summer. It really was a fantastic holiday for us ... but I have to say it much depends on what you want from a holiday. We are going half board with imperial club like last time. This gives you afternoon tea 2-5 ( gorgeous scones with jam and cream , lovely sandwiches etc) 5-7 cocktails and snacks and unlimited juices etc all day. Ie we nipped in if it got too hot for a Diet Coke or a juice. Also gives you breakfast and dinner - lunch was covered tbh with imperial club. For us it was and will be again a pool based and waterpark holiday. There is also the Aquarium as well worth a visit . Our day was ... We stayed at pool from morning , in afternoon my son went to kids club 2-5 , his choice he loved it ! , my daughter would sometimes decide to go to the room for an hour and watch Netflix , hubby went to the gym and I ... well I just chilled by the pool lol with my book . We pretty much stayed by pool afterwards ( or went to waterpark about 4-6. A buggy takes you along ) little queues compared to Florida and I much preferred the waterpark there - it was amazing. Lifeguards often said how are you are you enjoying your holiday ? They were very good at their job too from what I could see. At night this is where it might not suit some people. There’s no entertainment ... our night was going for dinner. Some days or nights we got the free bus to the shopping malls open till 11 or 12 - massive malls bigger than Florida , not cheap though , shake shack , Cheesecake Factory , and my favourite bath and bodyworks. Best thing is it’s the same plugs as us so I got all the lovely air fresheners there. Alcohol is expensive so if you like a few drinks at night be prepared to fork out ( or buy at duty free for the room ) - we are not drinkers so this was not an issue for us at all. I’ve never felt so looked after and rested after ten nights at Atlantis the palm and I cannot wait to go back. There is tonssss to do in Dubai and is a playground if you want it to be. Atlantis is a resort in itself and we really loved it for US. Ie it was the kind of holiday we could chill and relax / in comparison this year we did nyc , Washington and Florida for the third time and tbh felt it truly stressful ( although fab ) - all I want is to chill and it ticks the boxes for us - emirates have the best deals right now . I’ve been pricing for months and it came down £1000 so I booked
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smife View Post
Never really fancied going here, but this thread has made me a little interested. So as I’ve never really look at Dubai I was wondering what would be a good price for two adults for 7/10 nights? I had a quick look last night but having never looked I don’t really know what a good price is.? tia for any help.
Hmm I don’t know but what I will say is for a family of four it’s on par with a five start all inclusive in Tenerife etc