Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Community > DIBBing > TV and Film
Forgotten Password?
Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.
Unread 21 Nov 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by braby View Post
We have the full Virgin Media package with Sky Movies and Sports, most weekends I can be found watching sports during the day, we also have an Amazon Prime account plus we scroll through You tube quite a bit. We don't have Netflix but are thinking of ditching Sky Movies for this.
I like drama/thriller/action box sets plus sports, currently watching the new series of Jack Ryan/Bosch/Goliath plus I like the All or Nothing Series on various sports. My partner prefers the regular 5 channels, and watches stuff like Love Island, I'm a celeb, X factor.
We did enjoy Sky Movies at first but honestly cant remember the last film we watched on there. We go to the cinema quite often so prefer to watch films there. Im only paying 5 pm for Movies at the moment with them but I dont think we will renew this next time it goes up. My DH is a football fan but we found all the football subscription tv was so expensive, we gave it up so hes limited to Match of The Day now and the odd match shown on BBC or ITV.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Athens adventures
Unread 21 Nov 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

JoJo88's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We felt a bit like you about Netflix DD, when we first got it, and couldnt find much on there. However, between that and Prime, weve somehow stumbled across countless fantastic shows in the last year or so, its just a case of trying something to see how you get on. Im not into daytime TV type things and as we usually only properly watch about an hour of TV a night were really quite fussy!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All over for another year...
Unread 21 Nov 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Thanks Wayne, Im going to check the list out. We do watch 9-1-1 and really enjoy that. Ive heard so many good reports about Breaking Bad so I really should give that a try.

I have seen a few of the Anthony Bourdain shows and they were good too. I do like the mix of food and travel so will find some Zimmern shows too.
once youre done with that list, have a look through my comedy/drama sections on trakt for inspiration...
trakt.tv/users/wanye/history...s?genres=drama
and
trakt.tv/users/wanye/history...?genres=comedy
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
space mountain 2020!
Unread 21 Nov 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We did enjoy Sky Movies at first but honestly cant remember the last film we watched on there. We go to the cinema quite often so prefer to watch films there. Im only paying 5 pm for Movies at the moment with them but I dont think we will renew this next time it goes up. My DH is a football fan but we found all the football subscription tv was so expensive, we gave it up so hes limited to Match of The Day now and the odd match shown on BBC or ITV.
I know what you mean, we're kinda the same, sometimes we'll sit down and watch a movie but prefer to go to the cinema. I agree the sports prices are crazy but don't really spend on any other luxuries so allow myself this one.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Let the countdown begin!
Unread 21 Nov 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
We felt a bit like you about Netflix DD, when we first got it, and couldnt find much on there. However, between that and Prime, weve somehow stumbled across countless fantastic shows in the last year or so, its just a case of trying something to see how you get on. Im not into daytime TV type things and as we usually only properly watch about an hour of TV a night were really quite fussy!
I think we are going to settle down with Waynes list through the next few weeks and the cold evenings and see if we can finally work Netflix out 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Athens adventures
Unread 21 Nov 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
once youre done with that list, have a look through my comedy/drama sections on trakt for inspiration...
trakt.tv/users/wanye/history...s?genres=drama
and
trakt.tv/users/wanye/history...?genres=comedy
Thanks again Wayne
Athens adventures
Unread 21 Nov 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by braby View Post
I know what you mean, we're kinda the same, sometimes we'll sit down and watch a movie but prefer to go to the cinema. I agree the sports prices are crazy but don't really spend on any other luxuries so allow myself this one.
I do feel the same about sports for my DH sometimes as he doesnt really have any expensive hobbies etc so its nice to treat yourself sometimes.
Athens adventures
Unread 21 Nov 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I work 7am to 6pm Mon to Thursday so by the time I get home, had dinner, washed up and put the kids to bed its half 8 so usually watch the soaps or a movie on Prime or Netflix then go to bed at half 10.
themeparksandy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
30th Anniversary of 1st visit to Florida
Buy and Sell DVC