Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Nov 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Oven recommendations...

We have just started our kitchen extension and I am looking for recommendations for a really good oven.

I love cooking but my current oven is rubbish with certain parts of the oven warmer than others.

Please hit me with your recommendations.
Old 25 Nov 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Miele have a great offer on at the moment for their ovens.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We redid our kitchen earlier this year and I put 2 Neff ovens in. Both the same model and I love them. The model we went for was B47CR32N0B
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Mines a few years old now but it's a Bosch and never had a problem with it.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We went for Neff to get the slide and hide doors (like on the GBBO). Not having to reach over an open oven door is great and much safer.
So far, no problems.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We also have the Neff slide and hide with pyrolitic cleaning function. So easy to lift hot items out of the oven, especially as ours is a very narrow kitchen. Easy to keep clean with several cleaning functions. Not cheap but would highly recommend.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

is it just neff that do those sort of doors? i didnt even know it was a thing until now! it's such a great/obvious idea!

i'm hoping to redo our kitchen next year - its currently still from the early 70's design/equipment-wise (it was like this when we bought the house, and it does the job for now, so we spent money on doing up the rest of the house first)

but when we get it done, i want an electric oven (with separate gas hob) up at eye level that can do combination oven/grill (and ideally has a cleaning cycle mode, as they are great for pizzas!) as well as some sort of steam generator for general baking/cooking. two compartments would be good, but if possible one compartment that can somehow be split into two would be even better - is that even possible?

any other fancy features i should be looking for? any other suggestions for what to get?
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
is it just neff that do those sort of doors? i didnt even know it was a thing until now! it's such a great/obvious idea!

i'm hoping to redo our kitchen next year - its currently still from the early 70's design/equipment-wise (it was like this when we bought the house, and it does the job for now, so we spent money on doing up the rest of the house first)

but when we get it done, i want an electric oven (with separate gas hob) up at eye level that can do combination oven/grill (and ideally has a cleaning cycle mode, as they are great for pizzas!) as well as some sort of steam generator for general baking/cooking. two compartments would be good, but if possible one compartment that can somehow be split into two would be even better - is that even possible?

any other fancy features i should be looking for? any other suggestions for what to get?
When we got ours at the start of the year it was only Neff had the slide doors.

PS. Look at induction hobs - all the advantages of gas but none of the disadvantages. We went for induction and would never go back to either gas or a non-indiction hob.

We didn't go for steam and the price rocketed and were advised against it.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
We have just started our kitchen extension and I am looking for recommendations for a really good oven.

I love cooking but my current oven is rubbish with certain parts of the oven warmer than others.

Please hit me with your recommendations.
We have a stoves double oven after a couple of years tbe fan went,repaired but never been very good since,doesnt cook evenly it cost over £800 so we have to guess the temparature Had it repaired under insurance but they never seem to fix it Stainless steel looks good in our white kitchen only redeeming feature
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

If you don’t want to spend a fortune I really like our beko