Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jan 20, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I was 17 so too young for pubs/clubs. My dad worked for BT and worked overnight just in case the Millennium Bug actually happened. The rest of the family went to my nans and slept over, I got quite drunk on alcopops and experienced the first day of 2000 with my first ever hangover!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jovimum
Helping Minnie

Mobile

This was before children for me and DH. We went to a friends house party and i got wasted on archers and lemonade and then moved onto the fizz when i sunk the bottle of archers to myself! We all said that we would stay up to watch the sun rise - we missed it!
I remember having a great time with the people who mattered to me the most.
Then we had kids hence why iam now sitting in jammys watching the telly with an orange and lemonade! Oh how times have changed but i wouldnt change it for the world!
Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2020.
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Mobile

We were in Magic Kingdom , which was so jammed packed we ended up behind the castle and missed everything ! Leaving the park was hairy
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

My Mum held her last legendary party at her house and my uncle let off fireworks at the stroke of midnight! Brilliant night surrounded by family, my newish boyfriend (now husband) and old neighbours and friends. Happy New Year everyone x
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I was going through a divorce. My ex to be husband had taken the children to his brothers in italy, and i was at a friends house. I was the only person there who was on thier own, which was fine till midnight. I remember the noise, light and colours of all the fireworks, stood in my friends garden, i felt like my children were a million miles away and i was the only lonely person on the planet. A bit later, the husband of my friend whose house it was made a major pass at me. I was staying at thier house, it was very awkward, so i put it down to too many bubbles on his doing and busied myself doing all the cleaning up, then went to bed as i was staying with them (!) I remember lying in bed, and felt so small, alone and miserable... five months later i met a man who is now husband number two. So the last 20 new years eves have been a million times better (even if he has been on duty for most of them! ) If i couldve shown nye 1999 me, thay 20 yrs later i would have husband no2, another child and the best relationship i could ever imagine, i would have probably not believed it, but oh boy would i be glad to be wrong! So, happy, sad or otherwise, heres to 2020, a new decade, and hopefully a happy one for all xxx happy new year folks xxx

Edited at 02:57 AM.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 03:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

I was at Rowan Atkinson’s Millennium party and wow what a party it was!
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
You have my heartfelt sympathy, big hugs xxx
Thank you
I can't believe it's 20 years and it feels like yesterday.
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
I was going through a divorce. My ex to be husband had taken the children to his brothers in italy, and i was at a friends house. I was the only person there who was on thier own, which was fine till midnight. I remember the noise, light and colours of all the fireworks, stood in my friends garden, i felt like my children were a million miles away and i was the only lonely person on the planet. A bit later, the husband of my friend whose house it was made a major pass at me. I was staying at thier house, it was very awkward, so i put it down to too many bubbles on his doing and busied myself doing all the cleaning up, then went to bed as i was staying with them (!) I remember lying in bed, and felt so small, alone and miserable... five months later i met a man who is now husband number two. So the last 20 new years eves have been a million times better (even if he has been on duty for most of them! ) If i couldve shown nye 1999 me, thay 20 yrs later i would have husband no2, another child and the best relationship i could ever imagine, i would have probably not believed it, but oh boy would i be glad to be wrong! So, happy, sad or otherwise, heres to 2020, a new decade, and hopefully a happy one for all xxx happy new year folks xxx
If I had read this last night I would have raised a glass to you but it's a bit early in the day for even me! Well done you.
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
I was at Rowan Atkinson’s Millennium party and wow what a party it was!
All I can think of is Mr Bean. Any celeb gossip?
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We actually went to WDW for just five nights as it was the most time off that we could get.
We knew about the bug so if chaos had ensued with flying we’d have been stuck out there but at least not in the air at the time!
We were in the MK and remember 360 degree fireworks that seemed to go on forever. I also remember queueing 45 minutes for the washrooms all through the day every time I needed to go!
Apart from that I don’t remember much else to be honest. Glad we did it though.