Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
An Ice Cream a Day is the Moreton Way! - Day 14 Coming Home

DAY 14 – HOME TIME ☹
Thursday 6th June 2019

Check out time was 10am, the plan was to have breakfast on the island before making our way back to MCO. We need to be at the airport for 1pm to return the car and avoid another day’s rental. Our flight was due to leave at 4.15pm.

Despite wanting to lie in, we were all up and about by 7.30am. Surprisingly the sky was not blue in fact it looked very angry. The forecast was for afternoon thunder storms which we hoped would not delay our flight home. We loaded up the car with the cases, we only had 2 full size suitcases so it was surprisingly easily fitting them in. We left the key on the table and shut the door as instructed.

We took in the view one last time before heading to fill a rumbly tummies. The choice this morning was Peaches Café, another very popular place on the island. We ate here last time we visited and we all loved it. We had to wait around 10 minutes for a table, we had already looked at the menu so ordered straight away. Once again, the food was outstanding and great value for money.

Peaches is next to a dollar store, dunkin donuts and a few other gift shops. We popped in the $ store to grab some sweets and drinks for the journey. The skies had become even darker and I was convinced we were going to be delayed. We started the journey back to Orlando which would take 2 hours 15 minutes, however due to a couple of massive downpours it took slightly longer.

It amazes me how drivers still speed along even though they can hardly see what is in front of them. Despite the rain we made good time and still had an hour to kill before filling the car up and then dropping it back at MCO.

Lee wanted to use the Wawa garage which was right by the airport, this was to avoid any fuel charges which we have been stung by in the past. We decided to kill the hour by going to Celebration, it was as good a place as any to spend our final minutes in Florida. The boys had an ice cream (of course) and we stood on the bridge opposite watching the wildlife around the lake. The clouds were still around but it looked to be improving which was good news.

We dropped off the car bang on time and headed towards departures. The guy who checked our bag in was very good, it was his first day and he didn’t have a clue what he was doing but he was very eccentric and funny and I am sure he will be good at his job once he gets some training. We then plonked ourselves by the food court and prepared to wait out the next few hours. I went to have a look around the Disney shop and low and behold, I found the purse I spent ages looking for at Disney Springs, so this was quickly purchased.

The boys had an overpriced MacDonald’s and I had a baguette which seemed to take ages to make. Our flight left 40 minutes late but we caught up the time and we landed back in Gatwick on time just before 9am.

The view landing back in Gatwick!

Here is where the fun began, as usual we were straight through customs, however our bags took an hour to come off the plane. Everyone was cold, hungry and grumpy, we then had to catch the free shuttle back to where our car was parked. We walked outside, it was freezing cold and chucking it down with rain, we were well and truly home ☹.

The shuttle bus took about 15 minutes and was rammed. We picked up our car and we were on the road by 11am ready to get back to Coventry. Jacob had the Catholic Schools Cup Final football match that he was due to play in which was kicking off at 3.30pm so we thought we had plenty of time to get home have some lunch and then go to the game. The M25 however had other ideas!

it rained solidly for the next 4 hours and we crawled along the motorway it was nightmare. We eventually made it home at 3.05pm, we didn’t even have time to get the cases out the car. Jacob changed into his kit and we went to the match. It had been switched to astro turf as the grass pitch was waterlogged. We made it just before kick off and after all that ----- they lost 2-1!

The final day had been a nightmare. However, once we had a nice cup of tea and good nights sleep in our own bed, we were fine.

It was the end of another Florida holiday, as usual it didn’t let us down. We had fitted in many new experiences as well as making sure we fitted in some traditional activities and of course lots of Ice Cream. The Villa was excellent and suited our needs perfectly. I am sure we will be back to Florida in the near future but it won’t be in 2020 as we are currently planning another road trip of the West Coast which includes lots of new adventures for the Moreton’s and I am sure it will include the odd Ice Cream 😊 😊 and hopefully a more timely trip report!

Once again thanks for reading, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. Until the next time, it’s goodbye from the Moreton’s.
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Thanks for such a great trip report

What a fantastic time you shared and looking at the countdown for 2020 you have some amazing plans for 2020 too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading about your west coast trip.
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

We had weather like you experienced on our way down to Clearwater one year and like you couldn't believe the idiots that still speed!
Celebration is the best way to spend your final minutes in Florida. The long travel home is always the worst isn't it without adding traffic on the M25 into the mix.
Thank you for posting Kerry I've really enjoyed reading along.
Looking forward to reading all about your California adventure, won't be long now!

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 11:17 AM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Thanks for such a great trip report
Coming from yourself this is a huge compliment thank you and thanks for reading along

What a fantastic time you shared and looking at the countdown for 2020 you have some amazing plans for 2020 too
Thanks for reading along and yes we are well and truly in planning mode for our west coast trip this year

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading about your west coast trip.
Thank you for reading and we will be sure to do a trippie from the west coast

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
We had weather like you experienced on our way down to Clearwater one year and like you couldn't believe the idiots that still speed!
Celebration is the best way to spend your final minutes in Florida. The long travel home is always the worst isn't it without adding traffic on the M25 into the mix.
Thank you for posting Kerry I've really enjoyed reading along.
Looking forward to reading all about your California adventure, won't be long now!
Ahh Thanks again for reading, I will be sure to share our California trip too.
Yes Celebration really was a good place to spend an hour before heading home xx
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List