Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 1 Feb 20, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
The Shires were fantastic at the Sheffield long voices too
I'd never heard of them prior to tonight. Now searching them on YouTube...

1st Trip Miami and Orlando 1989. Caught the bug and the rest is history(See below)
Then Kissimee Gateway Inn East and Rodeway Inn St Petes. Best Western I Drive, Holiday Inn Daytona, CBR, POFQ, POR, Crowne Plaza Downtown, Holiday Inn Express Universal, Marriot Hollywood Beach, Staybridge Suites Cocoa Beach, Staybridge Suites Naples, Neptune Motel Fort Myers, Holiday Inn Key Largo, La Concha Key West, Holiday Inn Miami, Raddison Key West,CBR, POR, Sunbreeze Villa, Next up POFQ and Villa
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Bike Week in Florida
Unread 1 Feb 20, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by MOUSEMARSH View Post
I'd never heard of them prior to tonight. Now searching them on YouTube...
I found them by accident a few years ago, I would not consider myself a fan of country music but they are something different.
My DW saw them for the first time at Sheffield Young Voices - as a result -we are now booked up to see them on tour in May

They did a lovely cover of U2's with or without you too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - click here to read a trip report in progress

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going out in a Blaze of Glory.
Unread 1 Feb 20, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

My youngest did it at the O2 a few years ago. We were directly opposite them. I felt very lucky to be able to pick out the redhead in a group of gold jumpers. If it wasn't for their banner I would have never found them. She definitely loved it.
Unread 1 Feb 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
My youngest did it at the O2 a few years ago. We were directly opposite them. I felt very lucky to be able to pick out the redhead in a group of gold jumpers. If it wasn't for their banner I would have never found them. She definitely loved it.
Sorry jumping onto your post but for anyones who has a child performing and isnt aware you can download the young voices app and on the day it will let you search your childs school or choir and it will show you on a map where they will be sitting so you can at least look in the right direction and squint for most of evening trying to make them out 😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Tenerife Bahia Principe
Unread 1 Feb 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Sorry jumping onto your post but for anyones who has a child performing and isnt aware you can download the young voices app and on the day it will let you search your childs school or choir and it will show you on a map where they will be sitting so you can at least look in the right direction and squint for most of evening trying to make them out 😂
Luckily Bellas teacher is very loud and outgoing, they had the biggest banner so we found them quite quickly😁 the apps a good point though...

1st Trip Miami and Orlando 1989. Caught the bug and the rest is history(See below)
Then Kissimee Gateway Inn East and Rodeway Inn St Petes. Best Western I Drive, Holiday Inn Daytona, CBR, POFQ, POR, Crowne Plaza Downtown, Holiday Inn Express Universal, Marriot Hollywood Beach, Staybridge Suites Cocoa Beach, Staybridge Suites Naples, Neptune Motel Fort Myers, Holiday Inn Key Largo, La Concha Key West, Holiday Inn Miami, Raddison Key West,CBR, POR, Sunbreeze Villa, Next up POFQ and Villa
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Bike Week in Florida
Unread 1 Feb 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

I work in a primary school and we took 20 children to Manchester on Thursday 30th - weve already said we are going again next year. It was absolutely amazing and our children did a performance of Frightfest yesterday - think we might have some more takers for next year now.
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yorkshire Dales lodge with hot tub
Unread 7 Feb 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
My son's YV was last night at the O2.

I had no idea to expect nor, how the arena (which I've been to many times for gigs) was going to be laid out, although my guess was that the children would have the floor with parents etc in the regular arena seating.

As such, I was slightly surprised to find the kids - 8,244 of them they said, filling around a third of the arena seating all the way to the top at one end, with parents on the floor and in the remaining seating.

Anyway - what an absolutely amazing night it was. It was nice to have Tony Hadley, The Shires and Ruti performing but the real stars were the kids themselves, and what an amazing experience for them.

No photos nor videos can do justice to the spectacle.

If your children ever get the chance to go, they should take it, and you should go and watch. You won't regret it!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Last-minute week in the sun
Unread 7 Feb 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
My son's YV was last night at the O2.

I had no idea to expect nor, how the arena (which I've been to many times for gigs) was going to be laid out, although my guess was that the children would have the floor with parents etc in the regular arena seating.

As such, I was slightly surprised to find the kids - 8,244 of them they said, filling around a third of the arena seating all the way to the top at one end, with parents on the floor and in the remaining seating.

Anyway - what an absolutely amazing night it was. It was nice to have Tony Hadley, The Shires and Ruti performing but the real stars were the kids themselves, and what an amazing experience for them.

No photos nor videos can do justice to the spectacle.

If your children ever get the chance to go, they should take it, and you should go and watch. You won't regret it!
Same set up at Manchester with the kids in the seats and adults on the floor. Loved the way the conductor picked out sections to sing back and forth. You're right the kids are the stars. We have ordered the DVD😁

Bike Week in Florida