Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Feb 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Marto
I want to go now!

Buggy/Strollers

I understand there is now (or about to be) a size limit on the buggy/strollers that can be used in WDW but is there a similar restriction at DLP? Our youngest (11) has Downs Syndrome and his mobility is not very good, we have just had a new buggy (we were offered a wheelchair but opted for a buggy instead) however it is quite large and bigger than a normal buggy. Will this be an issue in DLP? TIA x
Marto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

There are currently no size restrictions at DLP so you'll be absolutely fine
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

From the DLP official website legal page:

Pushchairs and small trolleys/wagons smaller than 92cm x 132cm are accepted.

If yours is larger, and you have a disability pass, then hopefully they will accept that it is being used as a wheelchair rather than a stroller, especially given the age of your son.

You might find further information here:

brochure.disneylandparis...ex.html#page/1
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Marto
I want to go now!

Mobile

Thanks Happy Panda and Elodie, I feel a lot happier now. It will be an experience for all of us as we are still getting used to using it!
Old 11 Feb 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I have no personal experience but I think the ones DLP hire out look like something from a Victorian sanatorium!

I do know that buggies can sometimes ‘go for a walk’ at DLP and have read of people leaving a nappy in them spread with a bit of nutella, to put people off borrowing it!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Hah. When ours were younger we had a hauck buggy that was originally purchased for a menorca holiday and was going to be disposable. It ended up being used for both children over a number of years for various holidays abroad and in dlp. It was covered in sun cream stains and was fairly bleached. People wouldnt go near the thing never mind steal it. It was perfectly clean but sun cream stains anything.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would take a small lock for your buggy, just to be safe. We always lock ours up, I would be lost if it went missing.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Marto
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
I would take a small lock for your buggy, just to be safe. We always lock ours up, I would be lost if it went missing.
Thanks Arielrocks, it is something we are looking at, it has taken quite some to get this buggy and don't want it going missing at any point. I have even looked at putting a small tracking device in it but can't seem to see anything that has a good battery life that isn't massive so a lock it will be!
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

How about a cycle lock to chain the buggy to railings near your park attraction?
wdw-wanderer is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Marto View Post
Thanks Arielrocks, it is something we are looking at, it has taken quite some to get this buggy and don't want it going missing at any point. I have even looked at putting a small tracking device in it but can't seem to see anything that has a good battery life that isn't massive so a lock it will be!
We took our bugaboo Donkey which we got second hand, but new they are over £1k! So a temptation for some! We just used a bike lock, the lock black ones with the a combination lock on the end. Ran it through the wheels and then onto a railing. They don’t mind you doing this in Paris, unlike Florida! We used to park it up somewhere, usually it’s a small world as it’s a busy area and lots of space to park up, then leave it for a couple of hours and then move it when we went to a different area.

Make sure you’ve got some sort of rain cover for it, nothing worse than a wet buggy a child WON’T sit in.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List