Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 13 Feb 20, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Just a handset. Argos, Amazon etc sell them.

Thank you Anne

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Sorry it should have read BT Call Guardian. ( calling it BA comes from posting on a travel forum😀 )
Its a phone, no monthly charge. It works with all providers ( BT, SKY etc )
Basically it will reject these calls, or it will ask them who they are, then the phone rings and you get a message, then you can decide whether to accept. All call to the phone go this way, so the first time you call her it will ask who you are, the phone will then tell her you are calling, and she will press 1 to accept once, press 2 to accept every call from your number, or reject call.
It may take a little bit of setting up help from you, but once done its easy to use.
Thanks for that - I knew it should have read BT - will get onto it as I think she needs something like this to protect her from her own lack of confidence in dealing with these people. It is bad enough getting so many spam emails but these phone calls are highly intrusive and I'm glad you suggested a way I can help her

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - click here to read a trip report in progress

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going out in a Blaze of Glory.
Unread 13 Feb 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Now I need loft insulation - told them that I didn't have a loft.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jellytots
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My brothers mil nearly got scammed for 9000, virgin media phoned her and to tell her she was due 9.20 of a refund for cancelling her account which she believed as she had recently cancelled so no reason not to believe them, the scammers got her to log onto her laptop and somehow they got remote access to it with her being on the phone at the same time. The scammer accidentally refunded 9200 instead of 9.20 which showed up as an available balance in her bank accounts which they insisted she must refund immediately before he got the sack for his mistake, thankfully mil wont do online payments so she insisted on going to the bank for them to refund the payment and it all got shut down before the scammers got a penny. Its left mil in a terrible state shes usually pretty savvy and sees through things but unfortunately not this time and its totally devastated her how she could be fooled like that.
jellytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote