Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Sep 17, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Dubai - Atlantis the palm

Hi all - finally booked next years holiday. The usual ai in the med was just not going to cut it after going to America. We've done that so many times and whilst I do still enjoy it wanted something a bit different. Looked at Mexico / San Fran and tbh I knew nothing about Dubai three days ago and saw a deal with a local travel agent. Price was still too high so went onto emirates holidays and got the same deal... upgraded club room / free airport private transfers at the Atlantis palm Dubai for £900 cheaper than the basic room and no transfers with the travel agent ! The dibb taught me well ! Ten nights with emirates - half board plus club room so afternoon tea, unlimited soft drinks and snacks all day, free cocktails 5-7 ... super excited as it looks great for the kids which is the most important thing. Fab waterpark and aquarium onsite. Can't believe having now looked at Dubai what's actually on offer for kids. I think they'll love it - yeah I know it'll be hot but we'll manage that part - any tips do let me know - thanks in advance !

Edited at 07:54 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

The beach and sea look fab. It will be hot but probably not as humid as Florida and there will be a sea breeze. Time for a siesta and use a high SPF !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
We took our kids May half-term and they absolutely loved it. We didn't stay at the Atlantis but did go to the water park for the day. Our kids loved the kids club in the hotel we stayed in so get ready to relax!
We used Uber to get around but the official marked cabs were very reasonable and a similar price.
We also enjoyed The Cheesecake Factory very much - it was exactly the same as the Mall at Millenia!
Some snack/drink things, particularly in the hotels, seemed very expensive so I would have made more use of my generous luggage allowance and taken more drinks/kid snacks. We had a Club level room like you but ours was more bar service for drinks and it would have been nice to have some more things for the actual room.
Emirates flights are amazing!
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 04:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We have been for the last two years in April! My two love it! I did a trip report last time!

Have fun!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow! That looks amazing! When are you going next year?
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Aliloo
Getting Excited

Mobile

I've been a number of times now... if staying at Atlantis, upgrading to the club rooms very very worth it. I went in August this year and although more than 40 everyday it was totally bareable.
Aliloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

You will love it! Its the most amazing hotel ever!
Its huge but doesn't feel busy somehow.
We went in Aug 2 yrs ago and i couldn't sit in the sun but was quite happy under an umbrella and dipping in the pool.
The club level is great as you get a dedicated breakfast room which is much less chaotic than the std one.
The cocktail hour is great as you can order a few at the end to keep you going!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, I've stayed at Atlantis a few time and I'm sure you will love it. Aquaventure the water park is fab. You can also do a dolphin swim but it is expensive. Did you book imperial club room?
What month are you going? Summer months - July and August are really hot and temps are mid to late 40's so be prepared if you are going then
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone / in answer to your questions - yes an imperial club room - going 3rd July. The heat is the one thing that almost stopped me booking I'm not going to lie... then decided that we will manage our 'sun' time - shopping malls look fab. The kids have always wanted to do a dolphin swim too. I still can't get over the £900 saving by changing to emirates direct - unbelievable x
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We have been for the last two years in April! My two love it! I did a trip report last time!

Have fun!
Oh I'd love to read it if you have the link x
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list