Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
fantasy
VIP Dibber

No park holiday

Hi
We can’t afford the parks this year. Tickets for 5 just to expensive. We could possibly push to DC tickets as desperate to go back and we love the rides at SW and BG.
We love shopping and eating out. Would anyone advice on this prospect?
We could have a really nice relaxing holiday I feel but also have the bonus of our DC day plus rides at other 2.
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fantasy View Post
Hi
We can’t afford the parks this year. Tickets for 5 just to expensive. We could possibly push to DC tickets as desperate to go back and we love the rides at SW and BG.
We could have a really nice relaxing holiday I feel but also have the bonus of our DC day plus rides at other 2.
We did a non Disney trip a few years ago, BG, sw, legoland and uni, however ended up buying a 4 day disney magic your way as the kids really missed it.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did a 2 week holiday this summer staying at Cabana Bay . Had a fab time , the weather was wonderful lots of pool time . We did Kennedy which we hadnt done before , also did Monster Arcades, bike riding in Celebration , bowling , cinema , Disney Springs ,Crazy Golf (quite a few of those) , few Escape Rooms , had a great time would consider it again but next year we are doing the parks.

2023: Cabana Bay & Portofino Bay 2022: Caribbean Beach Resort / Portofino Bay / Cabana Bay 2020: Coronado Springs/Portofino 2019: Cabana Bay2017: Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay
2016: New York 2015: LBV Resort and Spa & Portofino Bay 2012: LBV Resort and Spa 2010: San Francisco, Las Vegas and St Lucia, Honeymoon
alp1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We did this earlier in the year and had a fab time. We got a great deal on a DC no swim that included BG, SW and Aquatica with free parking.
I know some people add a visit to Disney Springs for a Disney fix but we treated it as if Disney was just somewhere else. To me we were either doing Disney or we weren't.
We had two nights near BG and had a day at Clearwater doing Little Toot which was fab. We also had a day at Mount Dora.
We went on to Vero after but honestly I could have happily done two weeks in Orlando alternating parks, water park and pool.
Eating out staying on I Drive was a dream, so much choice and no shuddering when the bill arrived.
The best bit was no planning, we just did what we wanted when we wanted and barely queued for anything.
For most of the Orlando stay we didn't bother having a car , we used Lyft everywhere . No trekking across car parks was nice.
It was different but I honestly enjoyed it just as much (maybe even a bit more as no crowds and stressy people to deal with) and we will definitely do it again at some point.
If you are going to pine for Disney then it may not be for you , but we were clear from the off about not adding anything and we loved it.

Edited at 01:47 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

We do non park trips all the time, the last time we did any park was 2015 when we traveled with family. Loads to do and much cheaper!
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Blondie40
Dancing with Tink'

We also do non park trips and spend half holiday in Orlando and the 2nd half at the beach. Best of both worlds and a lot cheaper.
Blondie40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

some ideas of places to visit
winter garden (huge farmers market on a sat)
state parks eg Deleon Springs no entry cost and just $6 to park
they have a fab restaurant here where you buy a jug of pancake batter and you cook it there and then at the table
floridastateparks/pa...ill-restaurant
Celebration also have a market on Sundays
Orlando Cat Cafe
for a disney fix you could visit disney springs or play mini golf or go have ice cream on the boardwalk, you can also view the magic kingdom fireworks from the Grand Floridians Gasparella Grill
personally we usually spend a week in the Orlando Area and then move over to the gulf coast for a beach fix
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We’ve got two trips planned with limited park visits. Our previous trips have been very full on in the parks and I want some time to sample the various restaurants, shops and other sights that I’ve read about in trip reports. I even have a trip to the massive McDonald’s on my list as we’ve never been!

Our New Year trip is in a villa and we’re just having one day at Magic Kingdom. Our Easter Trip is split between Tampa and Rosen at Pointe and we’re going to Universal, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens (possibly Aquatica if the weather is alright). I’m looking forward to experiencing a bit more of Orlando and Florida.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We’ve done a few non real park trips now and have had great holidays. We’re villa and hire car people so for us...

We get a villa with south facing pool so we get the most out of just chill days. Villa must have a covered lanai area so we have shade for sun and shelter for rain, to get the most of out where we stay.

We may do one or two parks maybe, but decide while there and otherwise do other things like airboat rides etc, wander round Celebration, Old Town on a cruise car night etc (all great fun).

You can get some great villas in the Orlando area, which are bigger and now cheaper than you can get in Europe, are far better due to their size, and with the mesh screening you don’t get eaten alive either !

If you need a Disney fix a wander around Disney Springs or a game of crazy golf at Disney is always a good fix .

Some great places to eat too.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by fantasy View Post
Hi
Have you thought about trying somewhere else instead. Portaventura in Salou is much cheaper and the weather is better too. There are some really good Dibb reviews on this forum if you want more information
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List