Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Dec 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

do you remember NYE 1999/2000?

In case you dont let me remind you. At the stroke of midnight planes were going to fall from the sky, computer systems were foing to crash to a halt and MickeyHouse was saying "no more threads until the new year".

So the last one of those 3 may have been impossible because the dibb may not have existed then.

So what do you remember about that new years eve?

I remember sitting outside a very good friends house drinking far too many bacardi breezes (does anyone remember the watermelon flavour?) And being surround by the lights and sounds of fireworks being set of for miles around.

So then dibbers - I suspect most of you are old enough to have been around for that celebration so what are your memories ?

For (probably) the last time in 2019 ...join in

Happy new year everyone

BB
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Oh and those very good friends are still very good friends ..all of them were at our wedding this year
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'd just been made redundant so we booked to fly to Canada for a skiing holiday on 1 Jan 😂😂.

So it was a quiet night in for us as we left at 7 for the airport!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I was at a party but just out of hospital after an operation so no alcohol or dancing and I was the designated driver for the night.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not a great deal due to alcohol but I remember that was the start of crazy fireworks on New Year’s Eve.
My youngest currently thinks it’s amazing that we are starting a new decade ( he was 5 at the last one )
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DJMS
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Was DJing for five times my normal rate ☺️

New Year’s Day whilst everybody else was nursing a hangover I was out buying a new wide screen TV.

Gave up DJing couple of years later and have hated NYE ever since (see traditions thread)

Edited at 10:25 AM.
DJMS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes remember it well especially the bit about planes falling out of the sky. I was working at Faslane at the time and there were concerns as to what would happen to our computer systems at midnight. I remember phoning our duty officer just to check that everything was OK. Thankfully it was!
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We went to London. Had a hip flask that we shared. Couldn’t get a drink or go to the toilet anywhere as it was so busy. Was definitely sober at midnight. We watched the fireworks, then queues for hours to get a tube which then broke down. Finally got back to our friends uncles place. Don’t know where the uncle was but we never saw him. His alarm was set and kept going off at 6 and we couldn’t work out how to turn it off!🙈 We then drove all the way back home. As much as we did not have a great night, it was an adventure. I had a few adventures with that particular friend. Sadly, we grew apart as we got older and I’ve not seen him in about 12 years. Which is a shame.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I was 15 and saw in the new year with my parents as I was too young for parties and alcohol. I do remember all the fuss with computers and how every computer might not work like it was the end of the world 😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I had just finished three years of work on the Y2K bug that everyone thinks was a myth. It was only a myth because we fixed it.

My eldest DD was 2 and we spent the evening with friends with toddlers. I remember getting her out of bed to watch the fireworks and thinking it was a once in a lifetime moment and even if she didn’t remember it she should experience it.

We stood in my friends garden and watched fireworks going off all around us for ages.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List