Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > Other Planning > General Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.
ResalesDVC
Unread 8 Jan 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Dubai booked - to go or not to go

I saw a thread on someone wondering if they should go to Florida with the Iran USA thing going on. Well Im at the other end. Dubai Atlantis the palm booked for July ten nights - considering cancelling and losing my 400 deposit - Im just feeling the fear to be honest. I was so looking fwd to it but just feel the excitement has gone now :/

Edited at 07:18 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Atlantis Dubai
Unread 8 Jan 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
VIP Dibber

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Id just sit it out for now. Wouldnt be worrying until about 2-4 weeks before subject to booking conditions
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
He just hasnt met me yet!
Unread 8 Jan 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

I would definitely go.
By July this could be long forgotten about.

Edited at 11:40 PM.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
York
Unread 8 Jan 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Far too early to be making decisions for July - the FCO website is your source of info re safety.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are due to travel to Jordan in 3 weeks.

I have contacted our tour guides and we are following the FCO advice and will see what happens, we subscribed to updates too. Our tour company in Jordan have advised we can amend our tour too if travel to places we where going isnt recommended.

We are following the situation and if the advice is not to travel then we wont. From our own discussions if the FCO dont advise against travel to Jordan well still go but you need to feel happy yourself.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
European Theme Park Trip
Unread 9 Jan 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

Dubai will be fine, I'd have no hesitation in going.
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
HRH and AKL 2020
Unread 9 Jan 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I wouldn't cancel yet - or at all! Subscribe to the FCO updates, and if you know anyone who has a membership to a service like the one offered by Control Risks, ask them to keep you updated. I work in an industry that means I have to monitor the situation very closely and right now I'd be happy going to Dubai. I sent my MIL home to New Zealand yesterday via Qatar - she was nervous, but we had all the right assurances in place before she left.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida Babes 2020 - the one with Linsey
Unread 9 Jan 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Trying for More Ears

With regards to flights if you look on Flight Radar 24 for the routes that the planes are taking they are staying clear of that area at the moment. Any Dubai to UK flight is going via northern Turkey and Heathrow to Perth (QF9 & QF10) was going over India and Pakistan to clear that area. Limited knowledge of politics in the area but they are less likely to upset their neighbours in UAE and Jordan (give or take Qatar relations lately). Keep an eye on FCO for their advice.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote