Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jan 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Dubai booked - to go or not to go

I saw a thread on someone wondering if they should go to Florida with the Iran USA thing going on. Well I’m at the other end. Dubai Atlantis the palm booked for July ten nights - considering cancelling and losing my £400 deposit - I’m just feeling the fear to be honest. I was so looking fwd to it but just feel the excitement has gone now :/

Edited at 07:18 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’d just sit it out for now. Wouldn’t be worrying until about 2-4 weeks before subject to booking conditions
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

I would definitely go.
By July this could be long forgotten about.

Edited at 11:40 PM.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Far too early to be making decisions for July - the FCO website is your source of info re safety.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are due to travel to Jordan in 3 weeks.

I have contacted our tour guides and we are following the FCO advice and will see what happens, we subscribed to updates too. Our tour company in Jordan have advised we can amend our tour too if travel to places we where going isn’t recommended.

We are following the situation and if the advice is not to travel then we won’t. From our own discussions if the FCO don’t advise against travel to Jordan we’ll still go but you need to feel happy yourself.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Dubai will be fine, I'd have no hesitation in going.
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I wouldn't cancel yet - or at all! Subscribe to the FCO updates, and if you know anyone who has a membership to a service like the one offered by Control Risks, ask them to keep you updated. I work in an industry that means I have to monitor the situation very closely and right now I'd be happy going to Dubai. I sent my MIL home to New Zealand yesterday via Qatar - she was nervous, but we had all the right assurances in place before she left.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

With regards to flights if you look on Flight Radar 24 for the routes that the planes are taking they are staying clear of that area at the moment. Any Dubai to UK flight is going via northern Turkey and Heathrow to Perth (QF9 & QF10) was going over India and ≈≈≈≈stan to clear that area. Limited knowledge of politics in the area but they are less likely to upset their neighbours in UAE and Jordan (give or take Qatar relations lately). Keep an eye on FCO for their advice.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I feel a little bit worried as we also have Atlantis Dubai booked for May during Ramadan.
Have not paid the balance yet...so would only lose the deposit at the moment...will hold out for a few more weeks to see how it goes.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

latest foreign office advise

gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...-arab-emirates

surprised no air/sea connections with Qatar could make the world cup a bit of a mare for anyone travelling via anywhere in UAE
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List