Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jul 16, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
I <3 Disney xxx
Excited about Disney

Disney Springs - how long?

Just wondering how everyone tackles Disney springs? It's so big now and there's so much to see and do. Do you plan a whole day there or more, a couple of half days, just evenings? Or do you not plan and just go when you have some free time. I'm not sure how to play it.
Thanks
I <3 Disney xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerMLSH
Proud to wear my Ears

We had planned in 3 evenings but after visiting the first evening and was so impressed we ended up going back in the afternoons when free and extra evenings, we did find that it has become so much more popular and even by 1-2pm it was busy but not as busy as the evenings, I would plan it in to your planner for at least 2-3 visits and then decide when you are there how many more visits you need.
TinkerMLSH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

What have the done there? It is just a load more restaurants? Is there anything new to entertain the kids
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
speedygonzales
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Is parking still free just as Downtown Disney was?
speedygonzales is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

All depends on where you are staying & what you want to do there! We normally just drop in a couple of times during the day for Disney Marketplace & lunch at Raglan Road. (And of course Disney Springs check-in on the last morning with Virgin).

Personally I think most of the restaurants at Disney Springs are overpriced - but that is just my opinion. One of the best lunches we had in Orlando last May was at Raglan Road, but I think they have canned the smoked salmon omelette from the menu now - booo!
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Are the shops open late? ie the glass shop or do they close earlier?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disneygirl1985
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
Is parking still free just as Downtown Disney was?
Parking is still free there are two multi-storey can parks now.

Orange which is more situated at the West Side part of Disney Springs, and Lime which is closer to Town Square and Marketplace.
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We will have probably 4 evenings there and a morning. We love getting the boat to Disney Springs and will have evening meals at Wolfgang Puck Express and Adrs at House Of Blues and one other.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
disneygirl1985
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by butterfly83 View Post
Are the shops open late? ie the glass shop or do they close earlier?
Shop times i believe vary, i would check out the website before visiting so not to be disappointed

disneysprings/shops/

Glass shop is open until 11.30pm this evening, i think most stores follow this pattern however may be season dependant.
Old 2 Jul 16, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

If it's busy & the crowds are there, the shops will stay open late for sure! Disney won't miss a trick to extract extra dollars out of your pocket (& that is not a criticism btw).

I bet in high season / peak days the shops are open until at least 11pm. Even a quiet day closing is probably 10pm.

Remember - Disney have 30 on-site hotels so a huge pool of guests who are "warm" to the Disney product. Yes, some will dine-in at their hotel, some will dine-out elsewhere, but the free Disney Transportation system is only too happy to deliver them straight to Disney Springs.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread