Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Mar 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

There is no right or wrong just personal preference
Alot of people use the date/time of flight but other will chose the time they leave home or somewhere in between.
On my dibb countdown I usually go with the flight time -its a good way to see if any other dibber's are on your flight but our countdown at home is the day before as our holiday actually starts the night before when we leave for the airport
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I think mine is usually the rough time we expect to be at the airport hotel the day before.

If flying on same day I’d probably put flight time.
Old 18 Mar 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
My countdowns are always done on plane departure time but I'm in holiday mode as soon as the key turns in front door and we are on our way
This is exactly the same for me
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

For me its as soon as the door closes at the hotel on pre-travel day, everyone there and real world left behind. If we're not staying the night before its when the plane is full and they prepare to taxi
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Our countdown ends the day before travel day as that really is the beginning of our holiday ( although I don't really feel on holiday until I've waved goodbye to our suitcases at the airport )
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

My Dibb countdown is the flight time, but I have a Disney calendar that I cross off daily from 100 days out. it builds the excitement
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

WE work in sleeps rather than days, gets you there a day quicker
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
wearegoingtowdw
Getting Excited

Mobile

My countdown is the day we fly.
wearegoingtowdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

My countdown ends on the pre-travel day as we stay overnight in a hotel at Manchester airport. In my eyes, that's when our holiday starts 🛫.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

My countdown is the flight departure time because right up until that point I’m the one left flapping about still checking and then locking the house up for us to go away. Logging the long stay parking bay so we find car on return, making sure we have etickets, passports and boarding passes out when needed. Plus making sure we have out of bags what we need onboard with us for take off so we have what we need and can access until the belt sign goes off.

DHs countdown is probably night before when he locks his case .

But I get my own back on arrival. He drives the hire car over the holiday. I dont.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List