Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Mar 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Hampton inn times square

Anyone stayed here ? Your thoughts please ? I have looked at reviews and it looks great but still can't decide
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If it is Times Square North (NYC) then I haven't stayed at the hotel but we did stay at the same location years back when it was a Howard Johnson.

The location was utterly superb - 10 min walk to Times Square but on a quiet street away from all the craziness.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We’ve stayed here twice. It’s in a great location on 8th Avenue so easy for walking everywhere (only place we got the subway to was downtown). Large rooms by nyc standards, really comfy queen beds, 24 hour coffee,tea & hot choc in reception which was really handy. Also free breakfast, we didn’t take advantage of this but it was nice to go sit in there with a coffee and juice while the kids were getting themselves ready in a morning and we took them some drinks back up with us. Highly recommend it and would probably stay there again if we go back to NY.

Edited at 12:01 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

It's says on the website Times Square central
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunnysandra View Post
It's says on the website Times Square central
Oh that isn’t the one we stayed at then, we were Times Square north in 8th Avenue/51st street.

ETA just looked at the map and it is in a very central location closer to Times Square than the one we stayed at. I think a lot of the Hampton inns are pretty similar with their facilities.

Edited at 06:36 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I have stayed there. It’s fab. The position is great. The breakfast in great. The free coffee with flavoured coffee mate is great...

Honestly I can’t recommend it enough. I suppose the only down side is that there is no bar, but that wasn’t an issue for us.

Edited at 08:39 PM.
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List