Notices

Old 22 Feb 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
maclondon
Excited about Disney

Cheeky Work Trip

So i have a two day work trip to orlando. Ive booked into Art of Animation and added teo days on the end for some Disney time. I'll be alone which is a bit weird. I'll be there March 7th - 11th.

So a rather panicked morning. I had to go into work for a call and to pick up the two massive bags and squeeze in my few bits of clothes that I'd shoved in a bag at 7am this morning. I miscalculated and thought 11am was three hours before my 1pm flight.

Still it's two hours before so that's ok. The Gatwick express was cancelled. So I got there at 11 :30. No queues at virgin straight through security and a cheeky piece by and snack at Jamie's bar (came in 2 minutes) and my gate has just been announced.

Walked onto the flight no queues at the gate. In fact I went to regular not premium passport check as there was less
Of a queue.

Several people were having random checks I licked out and avoided it. Upstairs but not in the DIBB row as work is paying I'm in premium economy. Lots of room. And a glass of something bubbly. When I checked yesterday the seat next to me is empty sir hoping for a peaceful flight.

Well the flight went quickly. I watched three movies: Coco, Justice League and Suggs. There was only 139 people on the flight so it boarded quickly and I had two seats to myself. Bliss. Rap as there was no one in front either.

At orlando I walked straight up to a machine and had to wait for one person ahead at immigration. I was picking up my bags at 5:37. The plane was scheduled to land at 5:35. I'm waiting for the magical express. To leave now and leaching WiFi from the terminal. Not sure what I'll do tonight. I'd like to head to the poly for a drink and watch the fireworks. But may just crash out.

Ok so the drinks stack up on virgin. They always seem to offer you two. I stuck to one after these. But seriously, glass of bubbles , two G&Ts, two wines and a creamy Baileys like thing. Made it a merry flight. I didn't drink much but water in the last 3 hours.

The main meal was the best is had on a plane for tastiness. Veg moussaka, was Dex as sent and stuffed with peppers and onions and rich sauce. Also the crackers were really good. Also the cheese and pesto afternoon tea sandwiches were delicious. Visiting have upped there game in food. I'm sure the premium is the same as economy just you get cutlery and plates.

Check in was super easy. I had about 5 minute wait. The reception of art of animation is quite spectacular. I'll remove to take a photo tomorrow. Then the walk to my little mermaid room. A lot of people complain that it's ten minutes walk. I'm in building 8 the furthest. I timed my walk back to animation hall. 4 minutes. Yes its bettered to be right next to facility's but it's hardly a joke. I opted for some food as I want to be in a normal rhythm. So went to there food court. No drinking plan fort me this trip so just purchased a resort mug and a surf and surf burger. Which was very tasty bit only Luke warm. Still Is forgotten about the honey mustard dip. I must pack a few of those foe the trip home. I looked around the gift shop bit avoided temptation. For now. And checked out the buses there was one about to leave for rhwagic kingdom (it was 9 pm now) and I was tempted to jump on and get the mono to contemporary or poly. Bit a wave of tiredness was on me so I decided to head back to my hotel room. I did some work emails and was asleep by 10:15. It's now 5am and in wide awake so I'll have no bother getting to animal kingdom rope drop.

Travel day over.

maclondon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Lucky you, enjoy your stay
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like my kind of work trip, have a fab time.
Old 7 Mar 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good start to your travels. Have a fab flight.
Old 7 Mar 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Have a great flight and enjoy the fun times after works done lol... Looking forward to reading more
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Do you have any vacancies... Thats the sort of work trip I could get used to...!
Old 8 Mar 18, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start, enjoy your trip.
Old 8 Mar 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by maclondon - 8 Mar 18 10:14 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Not a bad travel day at all.