Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Mar 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
I haven't seen these bars either!

However, there is a lift-up horizontal bar on one half of the patio door, on the inside, which is there to stop someone sliding the door open when it is down - which is not the same thing.

I am surprised you think hotels are somehow more secure. None of the villa communities are high crime areas - you can check online where incidents are reported if you don't believe this.
I'd imagine because ive got nothing to compare it to, then I honestly wouldn't know the difference.

I was told when looking at a villa once and speaking to the owner directly, that the crime area is really minimal in these areas and apparently I Drive is a whole lot worse.

That really surprised me, as I always thought the little bubble and the fact its highly patrolled would make it better, but apparently not.

Has anyone else found this?
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Given staff can access safes quite easily in hotels and maids leave room doors ajar when servicing them I don't see them as secure at all.

On the gated community side most fast food delivery people and mail couriers know the entry codes so that's not as secure as you think.

Edited at 03:49 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Given staff can access safes quite easily in hotels and maids leave room doors ajar when servicing them I don't see them as secure at all.

On the gated community side most fast food delivery people and mail couriers know the entry codes so that's not as secure as you think.
That's what has always concerned us when staying in hotels on I Drive.

Maybe we have just been lucky, but I have heard some rumours of maids leaving doors open and giving thieves opportunities to walk in.

They say when we have asked staff on site about our concerns that they would never do that because it wouldn't be worth their jobs and they can get immediate jail for doing so, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would stop them.

What leg do you have to stand on should something go missing while you are out at parks and how do you prove it, should something happen one day?
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Who lives in a gated community here? I haven’t ever felt unsafe or at risk of crime in Florida. Stay in tourist areas, be sensible with your cash, valuables and just use the alarm systems on the villas.
Old 16 Mar 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate68
Getting Excited

Kate68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think in the OP's defence, when you look at photos of villas, most have the rectangle 'lead lighting' effect to the front windows which could be mistaken for bars if you haven't stayed in a villa before. With regard to crime, we owned for 11 years on a non gated community and didn't have an alarm system, we never felt unsafe and our villa was never the victim of crime. Unfortunately crime can happen anywhere and it's always best to be mindful and not leave valuables out on display wherever you are. Regards, Kate
Kate68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

The only bars I've seen are inside serving cocktails !
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pamela1960 View Post
The only bars I've seen are inside serving cocktails !
No offence to you whatsoever as I think your villa looks lovely, but I think I see where I am confused, seeing as I have never stayed in a villa before.

Looking at your pics on website 29/45 I think I and others hopefully can understand why it looks that way
Old 16 Mar 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post
No offence to you whatsoever as I think your villa looks lovely, but I think I see where I am confused, seeing as I have never stayed in a villa before.

Looking at your pics on website 29/45 I think I and others hopefully can understand why it looks that way
Looking at Pamela's villa gallery I think they are vertical blinds.

Mick
Old 16 Mar 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Looking at Pamela's villa gallery I think they are vertical blinds.

Mick
Yes this. The majority of villas have these vertical blinds. If you look at photo 19 you’ll see them partly closed.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for all your help.

At least it answers my question!