Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Mar 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
blondie28143
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneygirlxx View Post
I have bought

A Disney blanket for the plane for dd
Loads of character t shirts I have been picking them up since before xmas
Cooling towels
I have stated buying summer clothes shorts, dresses etc.
I am going to start buying in suns cream soon
I have a few things from my last trip
Like pop up washing basket, so handy
The clear bags for traveling on the plane, I put all my liquid items into them before I check in so I don't have to do it at security
A plug extension
Ear phone adopters for the plane so kids can use there own headphones
I'll take down a suitcase and put everything into it have it all in my wardrobe at the moment
Think that's all I have at the moment
The extension plug is a brilliant idea isn't it.
We would all be waiting to share adapters until someone mentioned it on here. I take one on nearly every trip I go on, even a weekend away!

blondie28143 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
FSnug
Very Serious Dibber

We eat breakfast in the hotel room so take a couple of lightweight picnic bowls and spoons to eat the shreddies we also take. To wash them up in the room I take J Cloths impregnated with washing up liquid, made by drizzling the liquid onto cheap wash cloths and dried. When they are reactivated in water they produce a decent amount of bubbles to wash the bowls. One lasts several breakfasts. Also a lightweight plastic sock drier with pegs for drying smalls and socks in the room.
... maybe one day?
FSnug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by blondie28143 View Post
The extension plug is a brilliant idea isn't it.
We would all be waiting to share adapters until someone mentioned it on here. I take one on nearly every trip I go on, even a weekend away!
Best packing tip ever! We also have an adapter that has 3 USB ports, and also some US plugs that convert regular sockets to USB, which DH picked up on a trip. Increasingly find that hotel rooms have USB ports in table lamps too.

Also the pop up mesh laundry baskets are great. We took 2 last time (darks & lights) and I will add another to put by the door for shoes.

Ziploc bags for a multitude of uses.

I need a solution for drying swimsuits in the room (at POR so no balcony), can’t remember what we did last time...
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by FSnug View Post
We eat breakfast in the hotel room so take a couple of lightweight picnic bowls and spoons to eat the shreddies we also take. To wash them up in the room I take J Cloths impregnated with washing up liquid, made by drizzling the liquid onto cheap wash cloths and dried. When they are reactivated in water they produce a decent amount of bubbles to wash the bowls. One lasts several breakfasts. Also a lightweight plastic sock drier with pegs for drying smalls and socks in the room.
Some good tips thank you 😊
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

It does seem crazy to take stuff from the UK to the US when it’s all available at Walmart etc
But I LOVE getting bits of things and putting away for our holiday! I will start in the next few weeks, I usually take;
A selection of cereal bars (we have no car the first week as staying onsite) these are great if we are rushing out in the morning for park opening and also if my daughter has a hypo in the room.

Pop up washing basket, this was fab last year to keep all our dirty clothes together rather than on the floor or chair etc.

Vitamins, plasters, paracetamol, ibuprofen (adults & kids ones)

Nescafé coffee & Nescafé decaf for the villa

So not a lot but enough to get excited!
I also get lots of little surprises for our youngest to play with on the flight.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don't really understand the washing basket thing, don't all dirty clothes just go into one dedicated suitcase rather than dropped on the floor or a chair ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by chippyminton View Post
Best packing tip ever! We also have an adapter that has 3 USB ports, and also some US plugs that convert regular sockets to USB, which DH picked up on a trip. Increasingly find that hotel rooms have USB ports in table lamps too.

Also the pop up mesh laundry baskets are great. We took 2 last time (darks & lights) and I will add another to put by the door for shoes.

Ziploc bags for a multitude of uses.

I need a solution for drying swimsuits in the room (at POR so no balcony), can’t remember what we did last time...
When we stayed at PORFQ I’m sure there were these little wire rack things you could pull out in the bit by the sink which we used to dry our swimsuits?
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I don't really understand the washing basket thing, don't all dirty clothes just go into one dedicated suitcase rather than dropped on the floor or a chair ?
I always take a couple of bin bags and they go straight in there. Just sort them for washing, job done! We always take a power strip too, very handy hint picked up here many years ago. I also take a little long handled washing up brush to clean our Disney mugs, or a baby bottle cleaning brush. Gets all the sticky out!

Edited at 05:01 PM.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post

we have a US 5 USB port unit

we also have a fair few US USB single plugs, they are $1 on ebay, we ordered them a few years back ( back when disney didnt charge $5 a parcel ), though you can order them to be delivered to the UK

something like this

ebay/itm/Dual-USB-...WyDL Sq-wRaOw

£1.20 these days, nice bright colour so you dont forget them, order a few and just plug them in the various sockets around the room
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I need a solution for drying swimsuits in the room (at POR so no balcony), can’t remember what we did last time...[/QUOTE]

When we stayed at POR we just hung our swimwear over the backs of chairs, did the job!
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List