Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Mar 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ah, you'll be singing the song from carousel of progress for the rest of the week after you've done it! I love it...theres a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day, there's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

I hope you like splash it's my favourite ride! The first time I went on EE I felt a bit icky after, but I suspect it was more to do with the heat at AK. I'm not wanting to put off as it's a fab ride and I've done it a few times since and been fine.
Disney songs always make me cry, so looking forward to that one now We were going on Splash last time, but DD was ill so we missed our FP for it and it was Easter, so too busy to ride another time. EE does look a bit scary, but i don't really get sick on rides, so I just need to be brave
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
Weve been a few times now but have never done-

Its a small world
Peter Pans Flight (queue always too long and we always FP other rides)
Hall of Presidents
Phillarmagic

We always stick to our favourites

It was only 2 trips ago (our 5th) that we did Carousel of Progress.
philamagic is one of our favourites, I'm sure you will love it.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tarik
Excited about Disney

A handful that I have never done that we are doing this time.

Kali River Rapids
Peter Pan's Flight
Star Tours
Tower of Terror
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Dinosaur
Test Track
Mission Space

Pretty much all of these we have not been able to do in each of the last 3 years because wife was pregnant/boys were too small. Now at least one of the boys is tall enough for all of them
tarik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
After 6 visits, we’ve still not done:

Hall of Presidents
O’Canada
Frozen
Boardwalk
All the shows (not sure why we’ve not done them!)
One man’s dream
American adventure
Country bear jamboree

It was only last year we got around to Carousel of Progress. Hopefully we can cross some of these off this year!
Old 18 Mar 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
Weve been a few times now but have never done-

Its a small world
Peter Pans Flight (queue always too long and we always FP other rides)
Hall of Presidents
Phillarmagic

We always stick to our favourites

It was only 2 trips ago (our 5th) that we did Carousel of Progress.
No way! Never done it's a small world, you are missing out lady! Rectify that straight away.

Actually we quite like philharmagic, but the hall of presidents is one we've never done. Not sure I've got it in me to sit through 45 minutes of my kids asking how much longer? Or does it get any better? Or will there be anything exciting happening soon? No, kids it's just the presidents.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
I've been meaning to try School Bread in EPCOT for a few years now and still haven't got round to it, will have another attempt next month.
The Tiki Room in MK we've never done and to be honest I don't really want to from the descriptions I've read. We did the Country Bear Jamboree for the first time in many visits last year and found it hilarious, will definitely do that again for the laughs.
School bread has popped up on a few Disney food blog videos I've seen, we've never tried it either!

Now, we did the tiki room for the first time in 2016, ha ha it was, well, err, unique! I think that is the best way to describe it!

Country bear jamboree is hilarious, if you're in the right sort of mood!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by llamala View Post
Have been about 14 times but last visit was 2010. So all the new things plus wear Mickey ears. Breakfast at Garden grill. Have an adr. See Easter display at GF. Other things we are doing but never done is Aquatica.
Aquatica was my son's favourite water park last year. Too many of the body slides for me as I much prefer a ring or a little dingy boat to sit in. The lazy river was awesome though. I hope you have a brilliant time, I bet with 8 years off it will all feel like new!

Old 18 Mar 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by TGT View Post
Never worn Mickey ears but no plans to!

Never done but probably should:
Kitchen sink - went to the place in MK but they'd sold out! *sobs*
Soarin - hate Epcot so never go, but probably should, especially now I have a M-F annual pass
Carousel of Progress - don't even know what it is!

I have met Mary Poppins though!

We did go Christmas Day once and just hit those things we'd never done - Mark Twain islandy thing, Swiss Family Robinson and the Tiki Room (there's a reason why we hadn't done that, even though we've done it again since!) - as you can see, remembering the names isn't my forte
I am looking forward to the Swiss family Robinson tree house being open this summer as it was having a refurb last time we were there. I know it's just a walk through attraction but I absolutely adored that movie as a child.

I'd love to visit at Christmas one day to see all the decorations, it must have been one special day to do the tiki room and Swiss family Robinson in one day .

Old 18 Mar 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Every time we go we plan to do the World Showcase "properly", exploring every country, looking at their attractions, trying their food etc., but we never have... next time

I would also like to tour the resorts, so far we have only managed a quick look around a small part of POR.

Two relatively new "wants" of mine are to eat at Blaze Pizza, and Chef Art Smiths Homecomin', both at Disney Springs. Still at Disney Springs, if you've read my reports you'll know that I've unsuccessfully tried several times to go up in the balloon, so that's still on the list as well.

Fab list from you Abby, lots there to keep you busy!
Hey there! How are you?

I agree about the world showcase. Epcot is DH favourite park and last time it felt like we barely stuck our heads in the pavilions. I want to be able to spend much more time there this summer.

Touring the resorts is fun, I've booked a few ADRs at resorts so that we get to visit them. Although we usually just find the lounge that's closest to the restaurant and camp out there, so when I say tour I mean try out the bar at various resorts!

Blaze does look yummy! Disney springs is somewhere that we've not fallen for like the parks it just seems like a really really expensive mall to us. Sorry, I know los of dibbers love Disney Springs, so I'm cowering in the corner in apprehension of all the replies!

Old 18 Mar 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
No way! Never done it's a small world, you are missing out lady! Rectify that straight away.

Actually we quite like philharmagic, but the hall of presidents is one we've never done. Not sure I've got it in me to sit through 45 minutes of my kids asking how much longer? Or does it get any better? Or will there be anything exciting happening soon? No, kids it's just the presidents.
I would love to rectify it when we get to go next, I might have to wear earphones though so I don't get that song in my head all day There always seems a long queue for that too and I would never FP it.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List