Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jan 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Snoobs
Excited about Disney

Mobile How to reveal our holiday!

So our kids have no idea we're off to Florida in March (for DS1 and DD birthdays) and I'm planning a reveal.

In the past we've ordered personalised jigsaws that revealed it once put together and Easter egg hunts with letters attached to each egg, spelling out 'Disney World'

But I'm stuck this time!
The kids are 12,10 and 2.

Any ideas or your previous reveal ideas would be much appreciated!
Old 27 Jan 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

We done a surprise reveal for my brothers 11th Birthday and I made a video of all our photos of a previous trip to Disney music. We had all the family round for a birthday tea and our previous Florida holiday came up in conversation (with a little help from those in the know lol), so I put the video on for 'everyone to see'! We all sat to watch it and when it came up to 'The End' the music stopped for a few seconds, a cross went through the text and the music started again and it went on to reveal his surprise, 2 weeks in Orlando, a Disney Bahamas Cruise and 4 nights in NYC! It worked so well and he definitely didn't see it coming!
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We tried this once when our DS was about 8. He stormed off in a mood shouting, "I am not a baby".

He later was happy when we got the youtube videos of the bigger rides.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I normally do a treasure hunt around the house and to be honest my eldest (17) missed it as we revealed on Saturday we had booked for next year (a year earlier than planned). My mam came over late on the night with kids thinking my dad had upset her (cruel I know haha) and after a few minutes she produced a sign that said we were going. The yohnbngest screamed (13) and eldest just looked really confused. It was so last minute decision I couldn't come up with anything that they would realise straight away. Yesterday we gave my youngest and my parents a disney gift box each as it's my parents first time.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We got a podcast to reveal our 2014 trip

It is documented here as part of our trip report

Not sure if you listen to The Great British Mickey Waffle Podcast ( great Disney Podcast with fellow dibbers ) Happy to do a reveal for you in our March 1st show if this is something you would want for your family

We have our own bit on The Dibb too - right a the bottom of the main page

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Snoobs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I didn't know about it! Just had a listen and I 'm gutted that I've only just discovered it, wish we had listened sooner! And I've subscribed!

Il have a look at your bit on the dibb too!
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Snoobs View Post
I didn't know about it! Just had a listen and I 'm gutted that I've only just discovered it, wish we had listened sooner! And I've subscribed!

Il have a look at your bit on the dibb too!
Great to read that you gave subscribed👍 Hope you enjoy our upcoming shows.
If anyone else reads this thread looking for inspiration for a reveal on the podcast just send me a PM

Or send us a message through the section at the very bottom of the dibb home page 😎

Hope your reveal is an exciting surprise and you have a great trip.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List