Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jan 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Washing machine flashing!

Evening.
Just walked into the dark kitchen whilst the washing machine was on a full spin and noticed random flashing lights (sparking?) from the left hand underneath of the washing machine (as I’m looking at it).
Called my partner to come see it and as soon as I did, it stopped flashing. The flashes were very random which makes me wonder if they were sparks.

Any experts on here know what it could be? I’ve googled and could possibly be the brushes?

Either way it’s finished spinning now so I’m not going to use it!
Pieces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

is it one of the ones that has been recalled?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The Screwfix community says brushes. Worth checking they aren’t badly worn. I wouldn’t use it until it’s checked out.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
is it one of the ones that has been recalled?
No, triple checked this just to be sure!
Old 29 Jan 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you have an insurance policy on it? We have and for us it took a week to get an engineer out to try and find the issues with ours. You may just need a new part or the motherboard and belt could be playing up. We had a motherboard that kept skipping programs mid wash and that led to the drum going off kilter and over stretching the drive belt causing some odd noises and smells too. After a week of trying to resolve it the engineer gave up and we got a new machine ( they let us know what price range was covered) all expenses covered by the policy too. It’s best to get these things checked out. If we had just popped a new belt on it wouldn’t have resolved our problem but it could just be the brushes inside yours.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Don't flash your washing machine. It won't appreciate it...

(Sorry! )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

When my 3 sons lived at home my DH was always renewing the brushes, washing a lot of heavy jeans, work clothes ETC didn't help.
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

It will be the brushes.
Old 29 Jan 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pieces View Post
No, triple checked this just to be sure!
Hi Pieces - I know I'm ahead here, but, depending on the age of your washer, if you decide to replace I can highly recommend Haier; we bought a HW80-B1439 in September for £225 including delivery. At the time it was the quietest washer on the market (58dB wash, 67dB spin) due to a, no belt, direct motion motor (lifetime guarantee). After our rattle box washer we couldn't believe how quiet the Haier is, I stood by it on a 1400 spin, rang ma and asked what she could hear, nothing! Took a while to stop checking I'd actually turned it on!