Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jan 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Peri menopause and nausea

I’m 47 soon and I’m not in menopause but think its coming.
I have been feeling really nauseous at night usually near ovulation and up to period day for about a year but lately it’s getting worse , it’s much more frequent and lasts into daytimes as well as the sicky feelings actually waking me up .
I also have been experiencing aching fingers more recently so unsure if that’s a sign too ?

My periods have allways been light and regular but are slightly irregular nowadays but luckily still light.

It’s just this nausea 🤢 it’s horrible.

Anyone else had nausea and aching as part of the dreaded build up to Menopause? I only seem to hear of common things like hot flushes which I don’t get .

There is also the thing that Perhaps it’s not peri menopause but because my periods have gone a bit irregular and my age I just presumed it’s likely to be hormonal ?
I am not one for going to
The doctors but have got a appointment now for tomorrow although not sure what they could do anyway or how they can check why I’m feeling sick most of the month - I don’t want hrt drugs .

Just interested to hear other women’s experiences of the more unusual symptoms -if anyone will Share.

Edited at 01:25 PM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

I have this too and have read that it is one of the many symptoms of peri menopause. I think this makes sense due to hormonal changes (similar to morning sickness I suppose) and would be interested to hear how you get on at the doctors.

Funnily enough my symptoms started at age 47 too and I will be 52 in June ... still very much peri and not through it yet but periods are getting slightly further apart ... 3 months of 46 day gap but then wham bam a 15 day gap again 😢

I also get aches and pains and have had tests for psoriatic arthritis but tbh I think it’s hormonal. My psoriasis only started at age 47 too so I do believe there may be a connection there too as it is quite painful for a night or 2 before a period.

It’s funny how we all suffer differently.
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It took me ages to realise that was the cause of my almost permanent nausea at the time. HRT worked like magic but I know not everyone is keen on that
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
I have this too and have read that it is one of the many symptoms of peri menopause. I think this makes sense due to hormonal changes (similar to morning sickness I suppose) and would be interested to hear how you get on at the doctors.

Funnily enough my symptoms started at age 47 too and I will be 52 in June ... still very much peri and not through it yet but periods are getting slightly further apart ... 3 months of 46 day gap but then wham bam a 15 day gap again 😢

I also get aches and pains and have had tests for psoriatic arthritis but tbh I think it’s hormonal. My psoriasis only started at age 47 too so I do believe there may be a connection there too as it is quite painful for a night or 2 before a period.

It’s funny how we all suffer differently.

This is interesting , sounds like me too and yes it’s like morning sickness I’m ok when I’m eating but can’t just eat all day and have midnight feasts 😂

Have you had this nausea 5 years now ? Omg that must be awful it really makes me feel miserable .

I’ll let you know what doctor says I’m hoping they check my hormone levels if that’s even possible .

Thanks for sharing your experience too it’s bloody horrible feeling sick Frequently isn’t it .
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
It took me ages to realise that was the cause of my almost permanent nausea at the time. HRT worked like magic but I know not everyone is keen on that
Yes I’ve been like that for the last week it’s bloody exhausting. If it carries on hrt may be only option for the future just worries me that I read it can increase risk of breast cancer but I’m not sure how accurate that is .

Living with constant nausea is horrible though really makes you feel miserable .

So the hrt worked ?

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
This is interesting , sounds like me too and yes it’s like morning sickness I’m ok when I’m eating but can’t just eat all day and have midnight feasts 😂

Have you had this nausea 5 years now ? Omg that must be awful it really makes me feel miserable .

I’ll let you know what doctor says I’m hoping they check my hormone levels if that’s even possible .

Thanks for sharing your experience too it’s bloody horrible feeling sick Frequently isn’t it .
The nausea for me was more recent and comes and goes. Because my periods are unpredictable I can't quite pin-point where in my cycle I am when I do get it but when I do it lasts a few days ... talking about it now makes me realise I should plot on a diary like I do my cycle ... it might make sense then!

I hope you feel better soon.
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You should download an app called Clue. You can put information about your period and add notes etc. I think it's really good
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

I have also had nausea. I am 51 and have been having problems for around 4 years now. I haven't been to the doctors and don't want HRT so am trying to manage. My periods have been all over the place but I feel I am nearly there with it. They were regular every 28 days then went to every 14 days but only light. Then it just went to pot and I had no clue what was happening but would have pain like cramps sometimes for 10 days and no sign of a period. It made planning anything very difficult. The nausea was totally random and I did skip meals or eat ver little at times and it made me miserable. I also had some terrible flooding and that was so embarrassing. We stayed with friends, a male couple, and I completely ruined their bed. Totally unexpected and I just wanted to die.

I am now at the stage of little sickness and a period only every 3-4 months although I sometimes spot in between with period cramps. I do still however have horrendous PMT where I feel like I could easily kill someone and this has started to become a problem. I have to take myself off. DH can't understand why I do this and it causes quite a rift at times. He doesn't realise that no matter how nice he is to me I will fall out with him.
Hope you feel better soon. xx
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by birdiesX4 View Post
I have also had nausea. I am 51 and have been having problems for around 4 years now. I haven't been to the doctors and don't want HRT so am trying to manage. My periods have been all over the place but I feel I am nearly there with it. They were regular every 28 days then went to every 14 days but only light. Then it just went to pot and I had no clue what was happening but would have pain like cramps sometimes for 10 days and no sign of a period. It made planning anything very difficult. The nausea was totally random and I did skip meals or eat ver little at times and it made me miserable. I also had some terrible flooding and that was so embarrassing. We stayed with friends, a male couple, and I completely ruined their bed. Totally unexpected and I just wanted to die.

I am now at the stage of little sickness and a period only every 3-4 months although I sometimes spot in between with period cramps. I do still however have horrendous PMT where I feel like I could easily kill someone and this has started to become a problem. I have to take myself off. DH can't understand why I do this and it causes quite a rift at times. He doesn't realise that no matter how nice he is to me I will fall out with him.
Hope you feel better soon. xx
Oh man you poor thing this sounds horrific.
We go through so much as women don’t we and pmt makes us go crazy at times on top of all the other crap periods bring.

Glad to hear your over the worst of it . I weirdly feel ok today typical as I have a doctors appointment.
I want a blood test I think to check levels but after submitting this thread I’m pretty certain my nausea is defiantly hormonal .

The flooding sounds so awful really feel for you .

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017
Old 30 Jan 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

That sounds horrid BirdiesX4 - fingers crossed you come through it soon

Good luck at the doc Yogadeb ... please update us later 😀