Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jan 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
Had the taxi driver take us to the wrong premier inn the night before our flight. He’d left by the time we realised it wasn’t the one we’d booked and had to call another taxi. Turns out there are a lot of PIs around Gatwick.
Oh no! Easily done I guess!

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
Turned up at the wrong terminal at Gatwick, totally freaked when DH said our flight isn't showing on the board (assumed I had the wrong day/month/year), then realised there were no Virgin flights on the board. Luckily its easy to get from one terminal to the other
ooops!

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
One for the upcoming trip, so excited to get a booking for BoG , took me a week to realise it was for the wrong day and I booked it for the day we were flying
Ah, it's all too easy to just see that day on the itinerary!

Originally Posted by borntoshop View Post
We go next week for a week but didn't realise for months that we're going for a day less than we wanted. Fly out 7th Feb and land the following Friday. Tried to extend it by a day but £1000 more for flights VH said
Wow you'd think they'd just charge you an amendment fee, cheeky gits!

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I made a terrible planning error for our last trip Dec 19. Keeping in mind I spend way too long on the dibb, made daily plans, researched restaurants and menus, downloaded coupons, bought Groupons etc etc but overlooked one thing... my own ESTA had expired I had a strange feeling about 10 minutes before online check in opened so I checked and I didn't have a valid ESTA. It was not a nice feeling. I checked the other passengers in and applied for my ESTA with shaky hands, luckily it took about 30 minutes to be approved so I could travel but those 30 minutes were awful.
I nearly did this when we went last month, we'd been out at Easter and I knew out ESTAs had been renewed just before so had just parked them in my mind, what I'd completely forgotten though was that I'd renewed my passport in the summer! By some miracle, I remembered the day before we flew!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve also booked car parking to end the day our flight left Orlando, not the day we landed. Was easy enough to sort out with Maple Parking but I only realised a few minutes before we were called for boarding.

I think my worst planning mishap wasn’t to Orlando. Years ago, I went to the wrong airport completely for a trip to Egypt (went to Gatwick instead of Stansted). I missed the flight and lost two days of the holiday as another flight wasn’t available till the Wednesday. Still feel a prat thinking about it now.
derenstar is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Having specially purchased Mapmans map and done lots of highlighting on it - i realised 1/2 was across the atlantic that id left it in the planning file by the side of the sofa.

Im not sure we even had a satnav - i was totally gutted for the next 2 days
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I always come over from corfu at least a week in advance and go visit my family down in devon, via athens and gatwick.

The night before our flight my mum and dad drove me up to gatwick and we were all staying in a hotel the night before. About 10 minutes before we got to the travel lodge I remembered our universal, iOS, SeaWorld and Busch garden tickets were all still in mums bedside drawer...

I was not popular
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve done something really stupid, I saw a good deal for Disney tickets last april, so left a deposit. When I paid the balance, realised I’d booked with the wrong seller, who had a similar name. So angry with myself, it was for 5 ad and 1 child, so a big overpayment.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We turned up for our nights stay at the universal hotel on the wrong day! Got up early to make the most of our express passes, only for the receptionist to tell us our booking was in 3 days time! Luckily everyone saw the funny side and we were just glad we’d not turned up three days late! We hit the malls early that day instead!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
I’ve also booked car parking to end the day our flight left Orlando, not the day we landed. Was easy enough to sort out with Maple Parking but I only realised a few minutes before we were called for boarding.

I think my worst planning mishap wasn’t to Orlando. Years ago, I went to the wrong airport completely for a trip to Egypt (went to Gatwick instead of Stansted). I missed the flight and lost two days of the holiday as another flight wasn’t available till the Wednesday. Still feel a prat thinking about it now.
This is an easy mistake to make! I’ve also done it!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

I had 3 pkts of US Dollar's brought at different times ,during the holiday thought I was getting low on money. Had to phone my Son at home to check if I had left some behind he found a pkt were I hide my money and it would be the one with the most money in
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Taking notes, and adding to my ‘things to check’ list
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Nice to read of others doing daft things also!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List