Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jan 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairysparkled
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Littlelufs32 View Post
I must of been lucky going by some of the replies here.
I bought a Bugaboo pushchair from John Lewis and 8 months after putchase the seat snapped.
I emailed them, they asked to to see pictures of the seat which I sent and they sent a brand new one out within 48 hours and collected the damaged one at the same time.
I was very impressed!
Going by their facebook page you did well. Numerous posts complaining about their customer service and the deleting of posts off their page. As they are one of the last large department stores left, let's hope they are OK. They have just lost their M.D.
Fairysparkled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I have a sneaky feeling, although not certain, that they are starting to outsource some of their customer services.
That is pretty much what is happening. My dh used to work for JL (now at Waitrose). He had a job dealing with customer complaints for a particular department. The office was shut for a central customer service centre in Manchester.
Massive issues with customer service since then and their lack of local knowledge (needed for some things) were seen.

Unfortunately I don’t think the company is what it was once, certainly customer service wise.

I do think you will get better service in store by asking for a manager and by being polite. I know when my dh was section manager for the tv dept he would bend over backwards for customers.
By ringing the call service number you are just getting someone of the end of the phone who probably doesn’t really care. 🙁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

John Lewis referred us to a third-party repairer when one of our Samsung went faulty.
The store staff gave a number to ring, that number had the info of where to take it. No option of collecting it from us, lucky we kept the box.
It couldn't be fixed as there were no parts so eventually we had a refund.

JL customers are possibly feeling the negative effect of staff being told they probably won't receive a bonus ?
Really looks bad telling that to the world PR wise.

That said our last trip to JL TV department to help a neighbour buy their TV, we were helped by a young man from Panasonic who works through an agency not for JL.
He had a queue of customers waiting to speak to him while two middle-aged female assistants nattered about their Grand-children.

He was superb.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

John Lewis are fobbing you off, the Consumer Rights Act allows you to reject- if they haven’t got the part and cannot repair quickly. I’d say two weeks is on the cusp- but if it’s not done then reject. It’s John Lewis’ problem, not Sage. Send JL an email now saying 2 weeks is unacceptable and you are without your machine and if it isn’t back on the promised day, fully working, it’s rejected.
I get the impression JL is going through tough times. Andy Street got out at the right time.

Edited at 11:22 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairysparkled
Excited about Disney

Update. I took the day off and visited John Lewis. To be fair the staff were helpful and with a little bit of persuasion, they got in touch with the subcontractors then Sage. It took Sage a while but they finally agreed to a replacement to be sent directly from Sage. On the way home, we got a strange phone call from sage. Asking why did we go to JL and why did we refuse a repair.
PS The lady at JL confirmed individual stores have not had their own customer services for a number of years and that service now goes to a call center.
Fairysparkled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Fairysparkled View Post
Update. I took the day off and visited John Lewis. To be fair the staff were helpful and with a little bit of persuasion, they got in touch with the subcontractors then Sage. It took Sage a while but they finally agreed to a replacement to be sent directly from Sage. On the way home, we got a strange phone call from sage. Asking why did we go to JL and why did we refuse a repair.
PS The lady at JL confirmed individual stores have not had their own customer services for a number of years and that service now goes to a call center.
Great news, well done on your tenacity.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

Mobile

I had an HP printer and whatever I did I couldn’t get it to work. Long phone calls to HP whose answer was to pull the plug out every time - so multiple times a day. Phoned JL customer service who couldn’t have been nicer, gave me a ref. Number and told me to go straight back to the store and swop it.

Department manager refused point blank to swop it, said I should have been offered a repair, despite HP saying it had a major fault. I’d had better service returning things to Curries. I’m usually very placid but that man didn’t know what hit him - on the shop floor in a loud voice and Martin Lewis’ guide to customers rights in hand. I walked out with an upgraded printer. Never bought anything of more than a few pounds value from there since.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paw View Post
I had an HP printer and whatever I did I couldn’t get it to work. Long phone calls to HP whose answer was to pull the plug out every time - so multiple times a day. Phoned JL customer service who couldn’t have been nicer, gave me a ref. Number and told me to go straight back to the store and swop it.

Department manager refused point blank to swop it, said I should have been offered a repair, despite HP saying it had a major fault. I’d had better service returning things to Curries. I’m usually very placid but that man didn’t know what hit him - on the shop floor in a loud voice and Martin Lewis’ guide to customers rights in hand. I walked out with an upgraded printer. Never bought anything of more than a few pounds value from there since.
Was it Liverpool by chance? This is where the exact same happened to DH.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Blondie40
Dancing with Tink'

John Lewis also tried to fob me off last year with a faulty oven they had sold me until I Sent them a couple of letters threatening to take them to a small claims court. They soon reimbursed me. Your contract is with the seller not the manufacturer. Stand your ground with them. There are so many bad reviews about their poor customer services.
Blondie40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List