Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jan 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
We've used them in the past too, great service. I'm not sure if Boots are still linked to them? I got a ton of Advantage card points when we had our new kitchen a few years ago!
Yes, Boots are. Recently bought a tumble dryer from them after checking AO. Exactly the same web site with a different skin. Delivery was cheaper with Boots and could collect Advantage points.

Was delivered in an AO van
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Used them recently, good prices and usually fast delivery.

Not all good though. When ordering I declined any fitting or insurance, but still got a call from them trying to flog those services.

When delivered the guys couldn't have just thrown the appliance in the room it was going and run off any faster. Poor customer facing service.

Saying that I would still consider then in the future.
The delivery drivers are self employed, they should have given you a card to provide your rating of them. The higher the rating, the more jobs they get.

My recent experience with them couldn't have been any better
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We have had quite a few things from them and they’ve been very good. A few years ago we bought a fridge and a freezer from them, not 12 months later the freezer packed up. I couldn’t find the guarantee or anything, house extension chaos so I gave them a call, they sorted out everything, phoning Zanussi and getting engineer out, brilliant service.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
joanie1
Excited about Disney

My elderly MIL lives 2 hours away and phoned to say her fridge freezer was broken and had defrosted. She is very hard of hearing. I ordered a new one from AO and explained the situation. They delivered a new one first thing the next morning. The delivery man rang me to say they had arrived and that MIL had answered the door (it was a worry that she wouldn’t hear them) then he rang me afterwards to say it was all installed and working and they took the old one away as agreed. I couldn’t fault them. 😁
Old 29 Jan 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I've used them several times over the years and have had the best experiences and prices.

Next day delivery when your washing machine or dryer goes down is a huge boon...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The last thing I wanted yesterday with our decorating underway was for the tumble dryer to break down and emit a horrendous burning smell!

Dragged it onto the drive at 2.00pm

Ordered a new one from AO at 3.00pm via Quidco for money back and used a promo code.

Text to say arriving before 10.30am

Delivered at 8.45am

Brilliant service. They work on tight margins but have really got their customer service spot on.

Edit. And another good reason not to have a tumble in the house and never leave one on unattended.
The one I have slung is a replacement for the Hotpoint ones that were recalled.
They have been consistently great for us too. Glad to see they are impressing customers still.9
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I decided on the plane back from our honeymoon that I wanted to use the leftover spends for a dryer. Ordered in the airport from AO and received it the next day. Had no issues in 4 years. Great service.