Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jan 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lastdisney
Earning More Ears

SIckness bug going round school 21 teachers off sick

Hi
Just heard 6 from one class have been sent home today, would you consider keeping your child home for 1 day to try and avoid it.
Do you think school should shut tomorrow?
lastdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Our schools were shut in December due to a bug, the day before they shut I kept my eldest two off so absolutely!
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

It sounds like they should be closing to give it a good sanitisation if there are so many off. Blimey, how are they still functioning with 21 teacher off?! I too would be tempted to keep them home for a day or two as they last thing you need is a dose of D&V through the whole family. I suspect that if it is just supply teachers that have been called in last minute then there isn't really much 'teaching' as such going on anyhow, only set work. Hope it gives you a miss!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

As long as it doesn't transpire the teachers had all been out together the night before!
I'm only saying that as it is odd they are not closing school.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Wow with 21 teachers off I am surprised they can stay open. I presume it is a High School? Our school was also closed the year before last, they act pretty quick and consult with various bodies when a certain % of people are off.
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Just to add no I probably wouldn't keep my child off, I would contact school and see what they have in place moving forward.
Old 28 Jan 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
About 2 months ago a school about 10 miles from where I live was closed and had a deep clean because so many pupils and staff were off sick so hopefully the same will happen there.

At the same time my eldest grandson was off school sick and there were 16 children off just in his class.
Old 28 Jan 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

My sons class went down with norovirus a few years ago (primary age). Probably about half the class, and they all went down with a 2hr period of each other! Numerous other children were off throughout school, but they didn’t have to close, as they didn’t reach the percentage threshold as set out by the education authority (or whoever it was they had to consult). They did deep clean the school that weekend, including washing of all carpets and curtains, and getting rid of ALL pens and pencils in each classroom.

In answer to the OP question, I would probably send kids to school, but with strict instructions about hand washing.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

Keeping them off for one day will make no difference. If a child is poorly then they need to be off for 48hrs. Why do you feel one day off would protect your well child?
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Nope I wouldn't keep mine off either.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List