Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jul 09, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Admiral's floor at Newport Bay

Hi,

I was just wondering what the benefits actually are of booking an Admiral's floor room at Newport Bay? It doesn't really seem to say on the website, unless you're looking at a suite!

It would cost about £1 more to sat Admiral's floor at Newport Bay than at Hotel New York. Any preferences?
Old 15 Jul 09, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

The Admirals floor are the top 4 floors of the NPBC. The rooms are pretty much the same size as a 'normal' room, though some have balconys. You have a seperate check-in desk and your bags will be taken to your room for you. There are free refreshments in the Yacht Club between 4-5pm (I think?!) And there will be bathrobes and slippers in your room, and choccies on your pillows if you're lucky!
Personnally I'd go for the NY. It's closer to the parks and isn't as big as NPBC
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 09, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

we stayed last month at Newport Bay. Booked a standard room and asked for a free upgraded to admirals floor. We got a lake view upgrade as well. All I would say is I couldnt find one thing to warrent paying any extra. The admirals floors has some extras, but your have to pay again to use them, i.e room service. So you end up paying loads for anything useful.

We took a trip to Hotel New York and to be honest if it was a choose between NPB admirals or standard NY, I would go NY everytime. Lovely hotel, far quieter and so much plusher.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 09, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dkra2007
Apprentice Imagineer

The only 'real' benefit we found is room service. Unless its changed recently room service wasn't available in standard rooms. We used to have breakfast in our room as the dining rooms were manic in the morning and we found it more peaceful to have it in our room.
Old 16 Jul 09, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed in an Admiral Floor, lake view room 6 years ago. I don't know if its the case now but we were allocated our breakfast in the Yacht Club which was much more peaceful than the bun fight in the main dining area. I really liked the view and we did order room service late one evening when we hadn't eaten but too tired to eat in a busy restaurant.

Kitty
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 09, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Everyone gets breakfast in both breakfast rooms now, so buns fights for everyone.

Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
We stayed in an Admiral Floor, lake view room 6 years ago. I don't know if its the case now but we were allocated our breakfast in the Yacht Club which was much more peaceful than the bun fight in the main dining area. I really liked the view and we did order room service late one evening when we hadn't eaten but too tired to eat in a busy restaurant.

Kitty
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 09, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
The Admirals floor are the top 4 floors of the NPBC. The rooms are pretty much the same size as a 'normal' room, though some have balconys. You have a seperate check-in desk and your bags will be taken to your room for you. There are free refreshments in the Yacht Club between 4-5pm (I think?!) And there will be bathrobes and slippers in your room, and choccies on your pillows if you're lucky!
Personnally I'd go for the NY. It's closer to the parks and isn't as big as NPBC
We stayed in Nov '07 and didn't get half of this! No bathrobes or slippers or chocolate coins and certainly no free refreshments!
There is a separate check-in area for Admiral's Floor which can be very handy during peak times. The rooms are closer to the lifts which is good as some are a long walk! We had a free tea and coffee basket and kettle but had to phone housekeeping for this. Also the pool towels are free (there's normally a charge for these) but that was about it really!
Old 16 Jul 09, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I can confirm exactly this for last months stay

Originally Posted by sarahc View Post
We stayed in Nov '07 and didn't get half of this! No bathrobes or slippers or chocolate coins and certainly no free refreshments!
There is a separate check-in area for Admiral's Floor which can be very handy during peak times. The rooms are closer to the lifts which is good as some are a long walk! We had a free tea and coffee basket and kettle but had to phone housekeeping for this. Also the pool towels are free (there's normally a charge for these) but that was about it really!
Old 16 Jul 09, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Thanks all! Not exactly sounding worthwhile! We have a travel kettle - and can bring tea/coffee with us. Maybe it's the New York then?
Old 16 Jul 09, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Scrub that! Offer has finished, so it's the Santa Fe for us now!