Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jul 09, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Depending on when your going more offers will be out.

Originally Posted by Jax1970 View Post
Scrub that! Offer has finished, so it's the Santa Fe for us now!
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 09, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Admirals floor also comes with hair dryer! Santa fe is cool as well though. And I agree, I would think there'll be another offer along soon...
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 09, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

You would think wouldnt you as this is a selling point (a very bad selling point) but we had 2 rooms next to each other. Guess what, one with a dryer and one without. The second just had screw holes and paint over it as if it was removed years ago.

Originally Posted by Katie C View Post
Admirals floor also comes with hair dryer! .
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 09, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
silky
Excited about Disney

silky's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
room service not available in standard rooms, but for about 10 Euros you get breakfast in bed which is much calmer.

I was told separate lift, seaparate check in and free pool towels.
silky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 09, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Free pool towels - you could always take a towel from your room

Seperate lifts - Nope, anyone can use the lifts. First few floors were standard, upper were admiral and suites.

Room service - Now this annoyed me. You pay extra for a room which is no different appart from a few perks, which you have to pay extra again for. So you are paying to have the privilege to pay again. On top of this the food is charged at a higher price (apart from standard breakfast) so you are paying to be able to pay again for food that costs more anyway.

Originally Posted by silky View Post
room service not available in standard rooms, but for about 10 Euros you get breakfast in bed which is much calmer.

I was told separate lift, seaparate check in and free pool towels.
Old 21 Jul 09, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
silky
Excited about Disney

silky's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
sprocket not a fan then! ;-)
silky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 09, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I loved the Newport Bay, enjoyed the hotel, loved the location. Would never want someone to waste their money and pay for the admiral floor thinking thet are getting something extra. You just pay extra to get things you would expect in a hotel.

We had a free upgrade to admirals floor just for asking at checkin, and many people get it too.

Originally Posted by silky View Post
sprocket not a fan then! ;-)
Old 30 Jul 09, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Hi - having stayed in Newport Bay both in a standard room and Admirals Floor I would never pay the extra - the "exclusive" check in is no quicker than the regular check in due to the increased number of rooms they now class as Admirals Floor.
I would definitely choose New York over Newport Bay both for location and quality - the breakfast scrum at Newport has to be seen to be believed!
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 09, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

its worth a night a Newport bay just to experience the breakfast.
FREE FOOD must pile as much on my plate as possible and make it from one side of the room to the other to beat that 8 year old to the last bun.
Old 31 Jul 09, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Its free food at every hotel, and you'#ll never get as many buns on your plate as ome of the French families! (I think they try and out do the height of the Eiffel toqwer in pain au chocolat!)
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread