Notices

Old 25 Jul 15, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

The Big One Live Trip Report Travel Day Airport

Day 1. We had a Terrible nights sleep, we went to bed about 10.30 and struggled to get off to sleep, Samara was out like a light but Anya was terrible tossing and turning pretty much all night, wether she was excited or as she said it was too warm no idea but it was hard. We woke up at about 5.45 am both had showers, we let the girls sleep in a little longer. We were ready by 6.30am and went down for food, the selection was good for it being free, plenty of choice with cereals, toast, scrambled eggs, sausages etc the food was good. We left around 6.45 am and left for the car park a mile away, we were quite lucky as when we parked up a bus pulled in and we were off to the airport rather quick, check-in was ok, loads there but processed rather quickly we were through security by 830 and ready to board at 9am. Sat in departures now typing up this report ready for the off. . Thanks for reading and see you soon.

Hot station , beans , scrambled egg and sausages

Choice of cereals

Yogurts and fruit also coffee machines

That's us all parked up it took no more than 5 mins to get here

On the bus taking us from the car park to the airport

And finally waiting to board now keep tuned for more

And we're on the plane

Yay can't believe how roomy the leg space is

Here's my leg space I know I'm short but there is plenty

And this is marks who is quite tall but still he has a little to spare

Seat back screens which head phones can plug into and a usb , very nice

So we're up in the air and they come around with drinks and snacks and obviously I needed to get rid of lose change 😉 so as I'm not driving thought I'd get in holiday mode and had a baileys and ice 😜 £4.50 for one or two for £7.00

About an hour later they bring the kids food around first which consisted of meatballs in a tomato sauce with penn pasta , bread roll , cheese and crackers , they must of liked it as it all went x oh and a chocolate mouse with caramel inside .

Adult Meals followed
Chicken curry with jasmine rice this also came with a roll , cheese and crackers and a chocolate mouses desert witch was very yummy ! The chicken was also very nice 😋

Other adult option was sausage in a chutney Garvey , mash , peas and carrots again it can with the roll ect ect . Wasn't so keen on this 😖

In flight entertainment.

We had seat aback TV with 2. Choices of entertainment, a free version or premium which costs £4 each. To be honest I found the free ife Poor 4 films. Star Trek into darkness, epic, fast and furious 6 and the second best exotic marigold hotel. TV
Selection wasn't any better it included an episode of breaking bad, phineas and furb, modern family etc. Premium entertainment included 29 movies that weren't exactly new but I'm sure there is something for you. TV included episodes of breaking bad, house of cards, a couple of cartoons, personally speaking I don't think £4 was worth it .

After an hour or so cabin crew came around with these little ice creams 😛

So we're more than half way through this flight , in fact I'd say about an hour from landing when they brought our tea around , very nice too ! We all had a mini cheese and relish roll , a egg and cress roll topped off with a scone with clotted cream and jam .

Yay we made it 😆

This was the plane we flew on 😁 we landed at 11.38 am and cleared customs by 12.20 with suitcases and everything 😀 I was chuffed at how quick and smoothly it all went .

We got on the air train to Jamaica station

Samara looking freaked out , think she was worried we'd miss our stop , again this was on the air train

We got off at the last stop and Got on the lirr , again this was all very easy and for both trains for all 4 of us cost $46 odd so a bargain

This was our first glimpse of New York and what a sight . This was just coming up the steps from the train .

The steps we walked up

Some random pics as I look around in amassment

Madison square gardens

We got to our hotel which was less than a 5 min walk from those steps that I showed you , so easy so far 👍 anyway it works out our rod not quite ready , so we leave our bags and go for a wander .

As we're walking theses lot grabbed up took a pic with my phone and then basically demanded money , I didn't have the notes as Mark was busy taking pics he could see me getting my purse and told me he only wanted notes 😡 so I said you either want it or you don't he was very very rude , but it taught me !
I just say no thank you to everyone now !

Times Square , people watching thinking I couldn't believe I was really here !

Anya relaxing lol

Marks selfie

Mine and samaras selfie

So we head back to the New Yorker hotel and the room was ready , yay !

Quite small but I think all New York hotels are small

The bathroom

And finally the window view 👍how awesome is this , so chuffed with this view just overlooking the Empire State Building WOW !

We head out of the hotel and there's one thing I have on my mind ! Yip its cakes 😬 not just ordinary cakes !

Yes more cakes 😆any ideas we I am ?

Yeah at Carlos bakery otherwise known ad cake boss !

We headed into a little shop next to white castle on 8th avenue . While mark was doing a little crisp and chocolate shopping I was snapping pics of myself and new York's police men 😉 fair play he was lovely .

We popped into White Castle and I ordered number 7 which was 10 mini burgers with 2 sides of chips and 2 re /fill drinks , it came to $15 odd. This was just ok , I wouldn't have another one but I did really want to try this place !

Samara Getting a re fill

Heading back to the hotel , New York at night

We get back at the hotel and as you can tell I've got a very excited little girl

Our name on the ticket lol and the prices of the two we tried 😋

Oreo cup cake before we touched it

Mmmmm

Lol
Think she likes it

Cannoli this was the one I really wanted try try. 👍 it was fab and I will be having another one soon . These were just amazing !

Anyway we jump in the bath and get into bed as can hardly keeps my eyes open 👀
Anyway goodnight all see you all tomorrow .

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have a great holiday ☺.

My 2 never sleep well in the hotel the night before a holiday, I've given up trying so hard. Now take DD 6 in beside us then I go and sleep in her single bed. The joys !

Enjoy 😎😀
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Kids + excitement = sleepless nights lol... Then again I was as bad as the kids last year at airport hotel night before.
Have a great flight and look forward to reading more soon.

Happy holidays
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Not sure if you meant to type 'keg' space...but I like the idea of a keg space!

Have an awesome time!

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Spottywotty
VIP Dibber

Have a good flight, looking forward to reading more
Spottywotty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Kids + excitement = sleepless nights lol... Then again I was as bad as the kids last year at airport hotel night before.
Have a great flight and look forward to reading more soon.

Happy holidays
Just noticed your onboard pics... Loving the leg room we fly Thomas Cook next April so great info xx
Doh! added this onto the wrong bit x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Hopefully you will catch up with some sleep on the plane,. Have a safe journey look forward to reading more soon. Enjoy yourselves.
Old 25 Jul 15, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope you had a good flight!

Joan
Old 25 Jul 15, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have a good flight, we were impressed with our flight I even enjoyed the food! Looking forward to the rest of your trip.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Were going with TC in sept glad to see some decent leg room
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List