Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Jul 15, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MissBunny
Getting Excited

One Couples Dream - Feb 2015 - Day Seven Premium Outlets & An Evening at the Magic Kingdom

One Couples Dream - Day Seven Premium Outlets and the Magic Kingdom

*Shows face on the Dibb again after weeks of no updates* Sorry guys!

To our complete and utter shock we had our longest lie in today... 8.30am! New record! Up and out by 10.30 we were on our way to the Premium Outlets on Vineland Ave for the best part of the day. We even snapped some photos of our resort finally because the weather was so lovely!

(Our building block!)

I wish I remembered the name of our Uber driver because he was so awesome - a retiree from Iran who told us both him and his wife were so bored of him sitting round the house all day that he decided to become a cabbie. 'The money isn't great, but as long as I can afford my golf and my cigars I'm happy' was what he said.

He was such a chatterbox in fact, that in the end he completely drove past the turn for the mall. Realising his mistake he apologised and immediately turned off his meter app, so we wouldn't be charged any further. Great guy! The fare came to $9.85 from Pop to the Premium Outlets.

Ok so there's not much to say about the outlets... apart from we did lots of shopping, obviously.
Marley ended up coming back with the most from this day, as he likes places like Pacsun, Vans, and the big Adidas and Nike stores.

(All the shops started to look like this after a while)

And as he supports the basketball team Orlando Magic he was after a particular players shirt, but for love nor money could we find it anywhere, and if we did spot something it was the wrong size, or the wrong colour (a 'blue Victor Oladipo shirt', is what he kept repeating to me over and over when I kept holding up the wrong thing)

As for me I bought a couple of tops and not much else! We visited the Character Warehouse to look for a pillow pet as it was on the top of my wishlist, but no luck, the one I wanted wasn't in there. I did however find some Beautifully Disney make up that the lady at the Market Place Co op had said we'd find here. I grabbed myself a lipgloss and some blusher which had been massively knocked down in price (and I can see why as it wasn't very good quality in the end!)

We also found a sweet shop with some interesting products for sale...

We spent about $20 on sweets and chocolate alone! I bought a monster packet of Twizzlers, Marley bought giant Reece's pieces and god knows what else.

Lunch was in the food court and we both made a beeline for Taco Bell, a favourite meal of ours when visiting the US (There is one up at Lakeside in the UK but we rarely get to go).

And then just like that, we decided we'd had enough and it was time to make a move.

Our next driver was a bit grumpy, he was from the Czech Republic and from what we gathered from the 10 times he said it, 'doesn't like to be sent to Kissimmee'. Well sorry buddy you're here now! Another $9 later and after a bit of a silent trip back because the driver was so grouchy, we were back in our room unpacking all our purchases. Marley decided to wear one of his new shirts straight away.

Our evening was planned for the Magic Kingdom. It was nice and warm outside, and rolling up at 5pm there was a nice and relaxed vibe to this evening, as we weren't in any rush to be places, we were just going to chill out and have a relaxed night. (But I did book some fast passes just to be on the safe side, obvs)

When we walked in we looked over to see that whilst Mickey had a 40 minute wait, Tinkerbell had 5?! Hardly believing it we headed in and there was absolutely no one waiting for her. We chatted with her for ages because there was no one behind us in line in the end. And boy did she like to chat - wouldn't let us get a word in edge ways that one!

Next we took a leisurely stroll down Main Street, and the Move It Shake It parade was heading in our direction too. We got some photos done in the Rose Garden which were lovely (Marley doesn't like them because he said his hair has parted in the middle like he's from a 90s boyband but oh well)

(You just gotta love that crane.)

Today was the first day the new garden FP areas opened up in the hub, and they did all look really lovely. People were just lazing around in the sunshine, picnicking and hanging out which was nice.

"Hey Alex!" Marley was trying to grab my attention as the song 'Shake Your Groove Thing" came on during the parade behind us. Long story short, Marley once thought the words were 'Shake Your Good Leg' and always does a stupid dance whenever it pops up on an advert. He's a strange one.
I completely did not hear him at all though, so was standing with my back to him taking photos whilst he was dancing... But loads of other people noticed the crazy Brit shaking their leg and dancing by himself! He told me they were calling out 'Yeah shake it! Work it!' and he didn't know what to do so just carried on doing it until they left.

"I couldn't stop shaking my good leg!" He said laughing whilst clearly embarrassed. And it takes a lot for Marley to get embarrassed so it must've gone on for a while!

Anyways, our first FP was for Peter Pans Flight, which was good for us as the standby line was at 70 minutes. I hadn't been on this one in quite a few years and ended up really enjoying it all over again.

Sticking around Fantasyland for a while, we went straight onto Philharmagic, rode the teacups within minutes, then had a 5 minute wait for the Speedway (Marley drove again of course)

Next up, our second FP for Anna and Elsa! We presumed that there was some sortve incident that happened just as we entered the line as a wheelchair was hurried past us in the FP queue, followed by a 20 minute stand still that was a bit of a worry. Still I can't complain waiting that long when the stand by line would've been about 3times our wait!

Elsa was sweet. Seeing that we were obviously a couple she asked if we were 'love experts' to which we were awkwardly like 'Erm.. Yeah.. I guess.. Yes?'

She then asked 'Do you have any tips?', to which Marley instantly replied 'None which I can repeat here I'm afraid'. Oh dear.
"Oh! Oh my!" She said awkwardly, having been completely thrown off.
I had to try and think of a smooth recovery...
"Erm, always finish each other's sandwiches?" I replied feebly.
She smiled and said "good answer!" before we shuffled together for our picture and off we went, Marley laughing whilst I gave him a quick elbow to the ribs.

(I think the photographer caught the exact moment when Marley said that, look how awkward I look aha!)

Anna was very cute and bubbly and gave us warm hugs as well.

Once outside we walked through the castle for the first time, and came out to a very busy Hub, as Wishes would be starting soon. We weren't planning on watching the fireworks until the end of the hols, so we decided to get some food and ride some more rides.

I don't know why but I thought now would be a good time to try out Casey's Corner, but of course it was absolutely jam packed. Queue was going all the way out the door, not getting in, not gonna happen. We made our way through Adventureland and into Peco Bills, where we both picked up pulled pork sandwiches meals, which came to about $21 in total.

And then what better ride to go on after having huge burgers then on Big Thunder Mountain. There was a 15 minute wait for this, which helped us digest a little, and to our delight we were on the back row for our ride. Big Thunder at night is such a great experience, and back row too made it extra fun. There was a little american girl instructing us to put our hands up every time we were about to drop which was cute, and we had a good little laugh with her in the end because she was screaming like a maniac.

We then rode both Splash and Pirates in quick succession as both were walk ons whilst Wishes was on. Then with all rides done for the evening, we headed down to the temporary FP viewing area at the flagpole to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Unfortunately this was the moment where my flagging camera decided to run out of battery, and silly me hadn't bought a replacement. However once again I have to say this was not the end of the world for me. I've seen this parade a good few times and was more than happy to just sit back and enjoy it without worrying about photos. I'm sure you guys have seen plenty of parade photos before and don't need to see mine!

Marley isn't a massive fan of this parade and I do agree with him to a certain extent. There's a lot more going on in the festival of fantasy parade then the night time one, and the floats are looking a little old to me now and could do with an update.

Once the parade was over it was gone 11pm and time for us to head out. This time round we had no problem catching the MK to Pop bus and we even managed to grab a seat despite it being busy. Once we were back at the hotel we decided to grab some late night snacks and picked up two Mickey bars, as (sacrilege!) we hadn't had any yet. And then, I looked over and spotted Pop Century's infamous tie dye cheesecake and knew we had to try that too. We scooped up all our desserts and polished them off pretty quickly once we were back in our room.

We had had a really lovely relaxing evening all in all and were pretty proud of ourselves as it had been our latest night out so far. Jet lag you will not defeat us!

MissBunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 15, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Marley should be banned from all princess meets in the future! Poor Elsa. That is the cutest Anna though, she is adorable.

My boyfriend isn't a big fan of the Electrical Parade either, it's the music haha.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 15, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MissBunny
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Marley should be banned from all princess meets in the future! Poor Elsa. That is the cutest Anna though, she is adorable.

My boyfriend isn't a big fan of the Electrical Parade either, it's the music haha.
Anna was adorable, I think marley took a shine to her as he didn't say anything stupid aha
MissBunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SKYYLA2003
Trainee Dibber

Absolutely creased at the 'shake your good leg' bit. How funny!
SKYYLA2003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MissBunny
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by SKYYLA2003 View Post
Absolutely creased at the 'shake your good leg' bit. How funny!
Aha so random right!