Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jun 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes. During normal times, Disney wants to encourage people to stay "in the bubble" as much as possible. It will use incentives to try and keep them onsite so that they spend more onsite.

However, right now, that's probably not Disney's priority. I even think Disney wants people to leave the bubble. It has realised it can't accommodate everyone eating and staying onsite.

By removing free DDP and giving folk a discount, those guests can use that money to go and eat offsite where they will get more for their money. As a family of 3, we can eat offsite for 2 weeks for less than £1000. Onsite, not so much.
It's like you say easy to eat for 3 for less than £1k offsite. Food is of a higher standard also.

I suspect a lot of concern is from people who do not leave property for 14 nights who will now either have to get up the courage to venture out or pay for their meals onsite.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
It's cheaper to book offsite, eat offsite. Better standard food and mostly better lodging for less.
Maybe, but each to their own.

We personally prefer to stay in a Disney resort area, enjoy the on site transport, fastpass booking advantage, ADR and not having to drive and park. For us it's the whole atmosphere of being in the Disney bubble.

Although I'm not too sure if that will remain an advantage anymore at the moment.
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It's like you say easy to eat for 3 for less than £1k offsite. Food is of a higher standard also.

I suspect a lot of concern is from people who do not leave property for 14 nights who will now either have to get up the courage to venture out or pay for their meals onsite.
Adding a car + parking for two weeks will add £600 on to the holiday. Staying onsite without free dining becomes a very expensive holiday
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

It's cheaper to book offsite, eat offsite. Better standard food and mostly better lodging for less.
We had planned typically to eat a table service meal most evenings, a lot in whichever park we had been in, a few in Disney Springs, one or two in the resort.

Say we were now on I-drive. I guess now it would be head away from the park and eat somewhere on I-drive/Pointe Orlando?

We have stayed onsite, not bothered with a car, saved the hire cost of that and the parking, and ubered the odd place else we needed to go. I'm not sure we want to give those savings up, so most likely we would be walking/ubering to any offsite restaurants.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Endless Summer and A/S Music
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Sorry my post overlapped heavily with ones others were writing same time as me.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Endless Summer and A/S Music
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Not for people who can't drive (I go solo and can't drive for health reasons). By the time I get ubers everywhere I'm better off staying on site.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by eggsRspecial View Post
Maybe, but each to their own.

We personally prefer to stay in a Disney resort area, enjoy the on site transport, fastpass booking advantage, ADR and not having to drive and park. For us it's the whole atmosphere of being in the Disney bubble.

Although I'm not too sure if that will remain an advantage anymore at the moment.
We are you! Ever since we stopped hiring a car, we preferreed to stay in the bubble. It's our happy place!

Whilst I'm fine driving, I can relax a lot more without it. Plus, there's less hassle with insurance, fuel and all that gubbins.

Do we feel like we're paying over the odds for our rooms to get free dining? Maybe. Would I change how I book in the future? Maybe. Would I change how I consume Disney? Not likely!
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok I'll wade into the fray
Disney generally have 2 offers, Free Dining where you will pay full rack rate but this is offset by the free food by a greater or lesser degree but normally nowhere near what they say the saving is IF you are willing to eat offsite. But, standards aside, IF you are eating onsite then it is a genuine saving.
Free Nights- normally 1 for 7 or 2 for 14 but sometimes on certain resorts these nights are doubled - again full rack rate but depending on numbers in the party can be the cheaper deal.
Third interim one is the current one that they use to fill the gaps whereby if you buy hotel & tickets you get a small discount.
Other than that, if you are willing to look around, Mousesavers for example, you can find discount codes.
So "Free" for the main offers is "Free" in the sense that it's full rack rate but even when you can get a discount (not always available) you are saving money on the deals.
Kev you've missed the point,without FD some would not book onsite or they would choose the Free night offer, also sub standard or not some choose to eat onsite & FD is their way of doing this. I know for us that 35% in no way covers what we are losing, it's not even close & we are only a couple. Put simply without the deal we certainly wouldn't be paying for AKL & in fact would be offsite.
Nimbus actually I think they should be giving some of the ticket price back as you are in no way getting what you paid for. Even the Hotels, under normal circumstances as a Hotel guest you are practically guaranteed entry up to the final level.
The ATD GC was supplied by them, I'm not expecting Disney to honour theirs, if what ATD guests are being offered is what's coming for Disney UK guests then I'll take my deposit back & go to Universal as there is no way I'm going in Sept with current restrictions.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Ok I'll wade into the fray
Disney generally have 2 offers, Free Dining where you will pay full rack rate but this is offset by the free food by a greater or lesser degree but normally nowhere near what they say the saving is IF you are willing to eat offsite. But, standards aside, IF you are eating onsite then it is a genuine saving.
Free Nights- normally 1 for 7 or 2 for 14 but sometimes on certain resorts these nights are doubled - again full rack rate but depending on numbers in the party can be the cheaper deal.
Third interim one is the current one that they use to fill the gaps whereby if you buy hotel & tickets you get a small discount.
Other than that, if you are willing to look around, Mousesavers for example, you can find discount codes.
So "Free" for the main offers is "Free" in the sense that it's full rack rate but even when you can get a discount (not always available) you are saving money on the deals.
Kev you've missed the point,without FD some would not book onsite or they would choose the Free night offer, also sub standard or not some choose to eat onsite & FD is their way of doing this. I know for us that 35% in no way covers what we are losing, it's not even close & we are only a couple. Put simply without the deal we certainly wouldn't be paying for AKL & in fact would be offsite.
Nimbus actually I think they should be giving some of the ticket price back as you are in no way getting what you paid for. Even the Hotels, under normal circumstances as a Hotel guest you are practically guaranteed entry up to the final level.
The ATD GC was supplied by them, I'm not expecting Disney to honour theirs, if what ATD guests are being offered is what's coming for Disney UK guests then I'll take my deposit back & go to Universal as there is no way I'm going in Sept with current restrictions.
SD
Which is what I decided to do last week as I simply don't want to go to Disney with all the restrictions. I'm going 13th September. So last week I booked 7 nights at Sapphire Falls at Universal and paid the deposit. Earlier this week I cancelled my 7 nights at POFQ and have received my deposit and cost of upgraded magic band back. I'm saving £693. I also have 5 complimentary nights at Disney's Polynesian booked when I leave Universal which I'm keeping. No parks, just chilling out at the resort and Disney Springs. The room is complimentary, I'll just pay for my food. I don't eat much out there so it won't cost a lot.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
rsvdaz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Any chance someone can forward the actual email to me and last weeks one
dlaw69@sky.com
It would help me greatly with my situation
rsvdaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List