Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Virgin Holidays Disney update email

Just got this email from Virgin Holidays.

As we restart our holidays from 20th July, your holiday is planned to go ahead and we have some important information about your trip. Walt Disney World Resort have made some changes, and it’s important you’re fully updated on what these are ahead of your holiday. To make sure you have your tickets ready we need you to confirm your holiday plans by Monday 8th June.
Here’s a summary of what to expect, and you can also check the Walt Disney World Resort website for more information.

Returning to the magic

Based on guidance from health authorities and appropriate government agencies, there are new measures designed to promote cleanliness, physical distancing and reduced contact while visiting Walt Disney World Resort.

The main parks will be open by 15th July, with Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach remaining closed until further notice.
To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required in advance of travel through My Disney Experience.
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members; temperature screenings are required in some locations.
Some experiences such as parades, character meet and greets and firework events may be modified or unavailable to allow for physical distancing and limited contact.
Helpful technology and My Disney Experience will help you make the most of the magic.
Disney Dining plans have been removed, any plans purchased in addition to your package will be refunded.
FastPass+ reservations and Extra Magic Hours have been suspended to support social distancing measures.

A new park reservation system

When the parks reopen, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system.

To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required.
Reservations need to be made via My Disney Experience in the coming weeks. You can request one park a day. As customers won’t need to hop between parks, the hopper service is currently suspended.
This reservation applies for all confirmed tickets through 2020, so reserve your parks as early as possible to help plan your itinerary. We’ll let you know when reservations are open.

Your options to enjoy the magic now or next year

Whether you want to amend your holiday or continue as planned, you can let us know by completing either of the forms below. Our team will then be able to help finalise your holiday plans.

Enjoy the magic
If you want to enjoy Walt Disney World Resort as planned, with these measures in place, just let us know by completing the form here by Monday 8th June so we can activate your tickets for you to reserve your park entry.

Move your holiday to next year
You can amend your holiday for free up until 31st December 2021, by completing the amendment form here by Monday 8th June.

If choosing to amend your holiday, one of our team will call you back, but it may take longer than expected for us to get in touch. If you have previously completed an amendment form, we kindly ask you to complete this one too, so we can prioritise your Walt Disney World Resort trip.

If you go ahead as planned and change your mind, you need to do this before 21 days of your planned travel date and you could incur additional charges under our standard terms and conditions.

We look forward to receiving your form to let us know what you’d like to do. Whatever you decide, we’ll be here to help, and can’t wait to give you the magical holiday you deserve one day soon.

Siobhan Fitzpatrick
Senior Vice President | Virgin Holidays & Digital

Edited at 11:43 AM.
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by eggsRspecial View Post
As customers won’t need to hop between parks, the hopper service is currently suspended.
Beautiful wording there! Yes, we DO need to hop parks!
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
the_em0hawk
Earning More Ears

I just got the same email. So we have until Monday to make up our minds.

A bit that I found encouraging was the paragraph that says:
If you want to enjoy Walt Disney World Resort as planned, with these measures in place, just let us know by completing the form here by Monday 8th June so we can activate your tickets for you to reserve your park entry.

The implication there is that they won't wait until 30 days before the trip to activate my Disney tickets, so I'd be able to reserve days in parks in as soon as they sort my tickets in June.

The downside is that I was hoping to not have to make any decisions until the parks were open again and I had more information to inform my decision.
the_em0hawk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

I wonder how many people were booked and were blissfully unaware of the changes until that email came through.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by the_em0hawk View Post
The downside is that I was hoping to not have to make any decisions until the parks were open again and I had more information to inform my decision.
I was holding out for hotel details and possible DDP for next year if we move dates. Suppose we still have a few days before submitting the new form so hopefully more Disney news comes out by then!
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

I've got the same email, think this years pretty much over, I moved our holiday to September I was living in hope, but looks like Disney are having these restrictions for the rest of the year
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Good information on that email from Virgin. Makes it clear what to expect if you are going to Disney this year.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Stella_11
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Minniesmiff View Post
I wonder how many people were booked and were blissfully unaware of the changes until that email came through.
And slept beautifully for the last few nights, unlike me
Stella_11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sherman
Getting Excited

Just got the same too... it's so difficult to know what the best decision is!
Sherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Can I ask if its a package including free DDP you have booked?

I still want to know what they are doing.

Sad no reduction in cost for eliminating park hopping

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List