Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 31 Oct 16, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile How do I explain about Dibb Villas

A friend of a friend is looking to rent a villa. She has asked on a FB page open to anyone in our area for ideas where to start.

I have never stayed in a villa, but know from when I've read trip reports on here that the Dibb member's villas never get a bad press.

I'm keen to point her in this direction but wonder how to explain about the Dibb villas and why/how they all seem to be great.

Or should I just leave it?

Beck
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Why leave it? Who here can say they haven't been helped by the dibb? Give her the link and she will see everything including the villas
Old 31 Oct 16, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
Why leave it? Who here can say they haven't been helped by the dibb? Give her the link and she will see everything including the villas
This is true! I just don't like to meddle! Thank you!
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have introduced a couple of people to The Dibb & they have obviously been really pleased we did 👍
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando_newbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It's not true to say there's never any bad press with Dibb villas, there have been a small number of problems in the past. I'd advise my friends to look at villas owned by active dibbers. Look at the reviews and how recent they are. Some owners use this site simply as another advertising channel and in that respect it's no 'safer' or otherwise than any other site. Be sensible and make all the checks you can before committing - no matter which site you book from.

Sept 2015 - Terrace Ridge; July 2013 - Bella Vida;
June/July 2011 & 2012 - Sandy Ridge; June 2010 - Floridays Resort
orlando_newbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
A friend of a friend is looking to rent a villa. She has asked on a FB page open to anyone in our area for ideas where to start.
I just don't like to meddle! Thank you!
As this person has already asked on FB, I don't see a recommendation to look at the Dibb for a villa rental as meddling. You are just helping this person to find the perfect villa which is surely what they are asking for?

They may, of course, be asking for specific villa recommendations which you personally are unable to give having never rented yourself, but you can at least point out that many Dibb villas do have reviews which are guaranteed to be genuine, unlike many other rental sites.

The difference between renting from an active owner on here and other generic advertising platforms, is the ability to check out how involved an owner is on the Dibb with general advice. This interaction is invaluable if they want to rent from somebody who has a genuine passion for all things 'Florida' rather than an owner who is just running a villa rental business, if that makes sense.

Debra

Edited at 09:29 AM.
Tetrarch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tommys
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

tommys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This is true! I just don't like to meddle! Thank you!
Then don't meddle
tommys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Friends of ours spent an entire afternoon with us seeking advice for their Florida visit.
We gave them tons of info but they don't use websites like the Dibb. I printed off all the individual website addresses for the Dibb owners villas and they researched them that way.
In the end they went for a hotel but that was their choice. And it was more expensive!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
It;s not meddling if someone has asked. I would just link them to the Dibb. If they want to research more they can.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
I don't see it as meddling, its helping in my opinion?

My boss and his family have just returned and I helped them with booking ADR's and FP's, they said they were delighted with my help and even brought me a lovely gift home as they said they were so grateful as they wouldn't have seen and done half of what they did if it hadn't been for the plans I had helped them with. Cant hurt to point them in the right direction.