Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Aug 16, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
pipster
Proud to wear my Ears

Disney Magic. Dover to Barcelona 2016. Day 2, at sea

Day two (at sea)
We had a lazy morning but breakfasted at Cabanas, the selection is unbelievable for a buffet breakfast and there was something for everyone. I'll drop some pictures into this trip report to show you all.

If you fancy a free cocktail or two and are happy to sit through a DVC 30 minute presentation, it's worth it as they also draw a ticket from the attendees for $200 on board credit and a free Disney pin that you can't buy. I also managed two cocktails of the day whilst listening.
We are a very relaxed family and don't enjoy dressing up as casual is our posh. I didn't see it was "formal" evening and felt very conscious of our shorts and shirts at the evening meal when there was lots of glitter, bow ties and posh frocks. Just a hint , may be worth taking something a bit smarter to feel more inclusive.
As this was another at sea day we spent time exploring the ship, going to the cinema (great choice of new Disney films such as BFG, Jungle book, zootopia etc). My wife went to look at the bingo as it was free for one card to be stunned at the Olympic standard bingo players. There were machines to rent that check your numbers automatically and people with 9 cards in front of them to try to win. It was a bit of fun but beware, it is taken very seriously.
Food was in ample supply with pizza, burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches all freely available at most times. They also have a schwarma stand to eat, what we would know as a kebab with all the salad and a choice of pitta or wrap and chicken or lamb. My eldest decided this was his favourite fast food and we kept finding empty plates in the room. My boys have yet to try the aqua dunk so I'll let you know when they do it later in the report. You have a person allocated to your cabin who makes it up in the morning, they are usually very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them, it is great.

We had Ganesh from India who was lovely, very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. He was a big Manchester City fan but as I follow rugby, that was the end of that line of banter. When you have dinner they change the room from day mode to night mode by dropping the hidden ceiling bed down and converting the sofa to another bed. They also drop chocolates onto the bed along with some great towel creature creations.
Ganesh provided very soft feather pillows when asked which just aided another nights great sleep in a lovely bed.
I had a wander to the cruise planning desk, here you can do one of two things if you enjoy the cruise. You can either book another cruise with only 10% deposit as opposed to 20% normally, get 10% off the list price and $200 room credit for the next cruise. The alternative is you can book a holding cruise, this is valid for two years and you don't need to have a specific cruise in mind, you pay just £250 deposit and get a booking reference so when you find the cruise you want you still get your 10% off and you $200 room credit but you can wait till the 2018 cruise dates come out. It was also starting to warm up in the evening, a portent of what's to come hopefully.

Edited at 09:11 AM. Reason: Editing
pipster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Sounds like a fantastic day, looking forward to cabanas!
Old 7 Aug 16, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

A lovely day. Thanks for sharing
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List