Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
A MAGICal Adventure WBTA / Day 11 Palo and Pirates - 16/09/2014

Matt woke up early today so went out to do some laundry whilst I dozed in bed. When the Laundry Fairy returned, I packed some of the clean stuff away in the cases and a few other bits we wouldn't need. I didn't want to spend too much time on our last day doing the packing so was trying to get a head start!

At 9.30am, we headed up to Cabanas for breakfast, and then sat by the pool for a while.

IMG_3528 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

IMG_3529 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

We went to Cabanas for lunch, but I didn't eat, as I had hit my food wall and was conscious that we had Palo for dinner tonight!

20140916_143320 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

After lunch, we popped back to the room for a quick shower and change before towel folding class at 1.45pm in the D Lounge. I was really looking forward to this all cruise and it didn't disappoint. We made a swan, elephant, dog and monkey.

Me, very proud of my monkey!

IMG_5585 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

After a walk on deck and a cheeky ice cream, we went to O'Gills for Movie Quotes trivia at 3.15pm. We scored 9/50, embarrassing! It was so hard though!

IMG_5589 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

IMG_5601 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

After trivia, we sat on deck 4 for a little while watching the world go by, before popping to the shop to get something for one of Matt's children to take home. We also got a tshirt ($12.95, reduced 2014 stock) and lanyard ($6.95 I think) for me.

IMG_5591 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

IMG_5612 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

We then went back to our room to get ready for the evening.

Showtime tonight was Tessa Suniva Von Tussel, who played Ariel in the European tour of The Little Mermaid musical. A one woman show is tough but it was very enjoyable, particularly the Disney classic songs.

IMG_5617 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

IMG_5618 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

We then met Ross and Kim down in O'Gills for 80s Music Trivia! We did really well at this given that we were all only born in the late 80s, scoring 36/50, but still not enough to win! I think someone got 50/50! The adult entertainment host, Miguel, was absolutely hilarious tonight, acting like a rockstar whenever he played Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer! So funny!

After the quiz, it was time to go up to Palo for dinner. Andre's section was full tonight so we had another waitress, though Andre did keep coming over to check on us which was lovely!

I ordered a peach Bellini

IMG_5626 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

We asked our waitress if we could have two pasta courses instead of an appetiser and she said yes!

First though, we were presented with our bread service and antipasti (with extra meat and parmesan as we love it!)

IMG_5623 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

IMG_5624 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

So Matt had beef and chianti ravioli and penne arrabiatta, and I had wild mushroom risotto and gorgonzola gnocci. The gnocci was lovely but very rich and heavy so I only managed half!

IMG_5627 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

IMG_5628 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

IMG_5629 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

IMG_5630 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

For main, we had the Beef Tenderloin. I had mine with the gorgonzola on top but after the gnocci, I couldn't take the richness, so I left that to one side. The beef was absolutely beautiful!

IMG_5632 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

So, in the battle of lamb versus beef... we were unanimous that lamb won! Both were beautiful, but the lamb just had the edge!

We both had the chocolate souffle for pudding...obviously! I was however absolutely stuffed full!

IMG_5633 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

After a grappa...

IMG_5634 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

...Andre presented me with a Baileys with his complements...oh geez how was I supposed to squeeze that in?!

IMG_5638 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

I managed...just about!

IMG_5636 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

After settling up (it was a bit more expensive tonight as our waitress had charged us for our water (we hadn't realised that this was charged for as we haven't ever been charged for water in Palo) and my Bellini (Andre has been comping all of our drinks! ) but it was fine. We left a $20 tip from memory), we waddled down to the Pirates IN the Caribbean deck party. We hadn't minded if we'd missed this due to dinner but we finished in time so thought we might as well make the effort! Matt was however disappointed that the fireworks didn't have the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack music like on the Fantasy though.

IMG_5649 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

After the show finished, we went down to Fathoms, as we had agreed to meet Kim and Ross there...watching everyone go into Cabanas for more food! Eek! We stayed for about an hour, I think, before heading back for sleepies!

Our towel animal was a monkey! A twin for the one I Made earlier!

IMG_5650 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 14, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day with even more wonderful food
Old 24 Oct 14, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds like another fabulous day. The Palo dishes look delicious as ever, and I love your dress

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 14, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Palo looks amazing again, another gorgeous dress too

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 15, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Palo just looks amazing. That towel monkey is fab
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 15, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another lovely day

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 15, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I think I'll need to give Palo a go on our next cruise, it looks fantastic! x
Old 19 May 15, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I would love to learn how to make a monkey!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 16, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Doubling up on my comments again! Palo looks amazing but I don't think I would have been able to eat it all!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List