Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jan 17, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile Aquatica

We are going to Florida in July/Aug 17 And are booking 1 day tickets for Aquatica. There is a 'dine' option at banana beach cafe there for $20 each. Is it worth it for unlimited drinks and lunch? Me, ds1&2 are very fussy- are there fries there? We like chicken - but it has to be hot! Is it better to buy as we go along? Thanks
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I too am interested in reviews on this. Have looked at this option on our last two visits but never gave it serious thought. Tempted to this year though
DisneyGirl86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
traeth
Getting Excited

Got to be honest we didn't have a great time there but that was in aug 2015. It was incredibly busy, too busy and we felt very crowded. we waited in the dinner queue for over an hour and food was ok! It just didn't have the magical feel of Disney water parks. Going again this year to Florida but giving this one a miss.
traeth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
When we went there was no fries. Chicken drumsticks that were pretty horrible tbh, tossed salad, jelly, choc mousse, pizza slices, horrid pasta in sauce. Unlimited drinks too but only inside the restaurant. You can bring 1 drink back to your lounger again.

I'm not sure fussy kids would get the value from it, unless there was an offer on it.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

I am a fussy eater and have been all my life. We went to Aquatica when I was 13, 16 and 19. The first time we just ate from the Waterstone Grill and the Grab and Go place opposite it, it wasn't too expensive in our opinion and had everything I wanted as a fussy eater (fries for me, burgers, chicken, salads, etc for everyone else and a selection of desserts too) and the grab and go place did hot dogs and churros etc as well as your usual drinks, crisps, chocolate, ice cream etc. We also did the same when I was 19. However when we went at age 16 we made the mistake of buying the dining for the Beach place and I couldn't find anything to eat at all, nor did my family who aren't fussy, no where near worth it. You also had to stay and eat it in there and couldn't take it back to your beds like you could from the waterstone grill and grab and go. So in my opinion absolutely avoid it, unless they've drastically improved over the last couple of years.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I posted before saying we didn't think it was great but there was a lot of feedback last summer that it has improved.

I had a look at their own site to see if there is an updated buffet menu and here it is. I can't remember the meatballs or the cookies but wouldn't be my cup of tea anyway.

Banana Beach Menu:

BBQ Pulled Pork
Roasted Chicken
Hot Dogs
Pepperoni Pizza
Cheese Pizza
Macaroni and Cheese
Seasoned Rice
Seasoned Black Beans
Assorted vegetables

Salad Bar **Menu can change throughout the day and can also include:
Italian Sausage
Hawaiian Pizza
Meatballs
Marinara Sauce
Dessert
Apple Cobbler
Season Fruits
Assorted Puddings
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Hmm I think I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and just buy from the Waterstone Grill again. We normally buy our food there and really liked what we had.
DisneyGirl86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone! Think we'll give it a miss and pay as we go along.
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List