Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jan 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The abuse I take is sooooo unfair
I reckon I could go faster on my skateboard than most Dollar cars which are old knackered heaps of junk. Oh that's me!
I'd better say now, for the benefit of any newbies that don't yet get Tom and my humour, that my post about Dollar pulling out of MCO was a joke
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hodders
Very Serious Dibber

Is Dollar the same as Budget and Thrifty?

They have been the cheapest for our trip and as we are travelling from Miami to Naples, to Disney then back down to Miami, I think we need to make sure the car isn't going to break down on us.
Hodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hodders View Post

They have been the cheapest for our trip and as we are travelling from Miami to Naples, to Disney then back down to Miami, I think we need to make sure the car isn't going to break down on us.
All three are different companies. The cars shouldn't break down on you, but they're probably not this years model and might have a few thousand miles on them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Hodders View Post

Please ignore us people who don't like Dollar! Let's be honest you can pick up a car from them with 10 Miles on the clock. Sadly they have a bad reputation on all the car forums.
But, on the whole they come out ok compared to Fox etc.

Edit. Budget is owned by Avis.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 10:47 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm sure this is irrational and could happen anytime with any company but I only ever had a credit card cloned once, it was after using a never used card as a deposit with dollar (Milan), so for that reason I would never use them
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I wouldn't rather skateboard naked down the I4 than rent a Dollar car, an aged fleet and some of the worst desk clerks I have ever met.
Well.. that's certainly put me off my dinner tonight now, did you have to? Ruined a lovely day at the pool (with swim cossies I might add, nee skinny dippin' yer kna!). Did you really have to put that image in the heads of us innocents? I won't say 'offended the ladies' as even that's a step too far for me!

As for Dollar, I'd rather chew my arm off then rent their idea of a well maintained 'quality' motor - had issues with their junkers at Fort Myers airport that involved a 5 hour turnaround time to take back a piece of MCO garbage, tried two more then gave up the will to live and took the 3rd, another piece of junk - all motors had out of State plates. They were canny until Hertz bought Dollar in 2013, since then Hertz've dumped their cast off's onto Dollar... they're beaten, battered, have high mileage and run like the proverbial dog (no, not you MrT, but then again... ) I feel sorry for the staff who take a lot of abuse for the rubbish they are told to palm off.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Please ignore us people who don't like Dollar! Let's be honest you can pick up a car from them with 10 Miles on the clock. Sadly they have a bad reputation on all the car forums.
But, on the whole they come out ok compared to Fox etc.

Edit. Budget is owned by Avis.
We find Budget canny MrT... we drop our MCO pick-up just off isle in Cape Coral, picking up from there 6 month later to return to MCO. If Alamo had a CC office they'd be my first choice. It's pointless/waste of petrol tanking 40 miles each way to Fort Myers airport when Budget are circa 11 mile from Bokeelia.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi Chris. Nice to see you are on here. How is the temperature now? I see the cold snap has gone.
Just to make you happy it's horrible here, cold, wet and a frost tonight

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List