Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 08, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Unfortunately not! The job I do involves going to court on a regular basis and at this time they will not excuse me.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 08, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi its a great feeling when you get the tickets
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 08, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi sdf
Is there any way you could go out and fly home for the trial and go back again?. I know when I was working, and like you had to attend court, we could add a part to our holiday insurance which covered things like this. More than likely you'll not be required anyway. I lost count the amount of times I was cited for court and was cancelled the night before. :angry: If the accused was on holiday the case would be cancelled though! It doesn't matter how many times you put in black and white your annual leave dates the courts always seem to manage to cite you for them.
Will you be able to fly out after the trial? Will you still get on the cruise? What a disappointment it must be for you.
I had to do this a few years ago when I got cited for the middle of my holiday. They wouldn't excuse me so I had to leave DH with the 2 kids travel back for court for the accused to get 3 months which he had already been locked up for 3 weeks on warrant before the trial which meant he only had 3 weeks to serve. What a waste of time. He pleaded guilty the morning of the trial.
Keeping my fingers crossed you'll be excused or not required before then.
Jackie
Xmas 2009 - Highgrove Villa, Perry's Ocean Edge, Daytona, Grand Floridian.
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 08, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disneydreamer View Post
Hi sdf
Is there any way you could go out and fly home for the trial and go back again?. I know when I was working, and like you had to attend court, we could add a part to our holiday insurance which covered things like this. More than likely you'll not be required anyway. I lost count the amount of times I was cited for court and was cancelled the night before. :angry: If the accused was on holiday the case would be cancelled though! It doesn't matter how many times you put in black and white your annual leave dates the courts always seem to manage to cite you for them.
Will you be able to fly out after the trial? Will you still get on the cruise? What a disappointment it must be for you.
I had to do this a few years ago when I got cited for the middle of my holiday. They wouldn't excuse me so I had to leave DH with the 2 kids travel back for court for the accused to get 3 months which he had already been locked up for 3 weeks on warrant before the trial which meant he only had 3 weeks to serve. What a waste of time. He pleaded guilty the morning of the trial.
Keeping my fingers crossed you'll be excused or not required before then.
Jackie
Jackie, I'm expecting to give evidence on this occasion and suppose I would prefer to be a day or so behind the rest of the family but it would spoil the holiday. I defo do not want to have to fly back and forward and don't mention the cruise! I don't have a clue what is going on happen to that. Currently sitting by the phone but not very hopeful.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 08, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Hope things work out for you. Keep pestering them. The trial I spoke about above was on ongoing saga. One of the other witnesses was in Florida on holiday and he didn't get called back. P.F just accepted his written statement as evidence. Is there any chance they could do this with you? Always worth a try.
Keeping my fingers and everything else crossed for you.
Jackie
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 08, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

At 4.15pm I finally got the phonecall I so desperately wanted - excused from court! As a professional and essential witness I wasn't expecting to be excused so now everything feels great again! Ya beauty Orlando and the Magic here we come.
Old 3 Nov 08, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sdf View Post
At 4.15pm I finally got the phonecall I so desperately wanted - excused from court! As a professional and essential witness I wasn't expecting to be excused so now everything feels great again! Ya beauty Orlando and the Magic here we come.
Yippeeeeeeee. Glad you have got that fantastic news. Remember a notepad for all the notes for doing your trippie when you get back.
You will have a "MAGIC"ical time cruising.
Jackie
Old 3 Nov 08, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks Jackie. Since last wednesday I genuinely didn't think I would be travelling. The weekend has been awful. But now its full steam ahead!
Old 3 Nov 08, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread