Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Mar 14, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Janeclar
Trying for More Ears

We booked a hard top (due to the time of year) V8 Ford Mustang for our wedding last July through Hertz - they even sent a photo of the actual car! When we arrived in Orlando they said that they no longer did hard top V8 Mustangs (?!) and tried to fob us off with an inferior car. We waited nearly 2 hours for a manager and were eventually allocated a Toyota Corvette at no additional cost. We were VERY unhappy as we specifically wanted a Mustang and had booked 12 months ahead!
Janeclar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 14, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Janeclar View Post
We booked a hard top (due to the time of year) V8 Ford Mustang for our wedding last July through Hertz - they even sent a photo of the actual car! When we arrived in Orlando they said that they no longer did hard top V8 Mustangs (?!) and tried to fob us off with an inferior car. We waited nearly 2 hours for a manager and were eventually allocated a Toyota Corvette at no additional cost. We were VERY unhappy as we specifically wanted a Mustang and had booked 12 months ahead!
What!? Did you actually reserve that make & model? That's terrible! I hope that doesn't happen too us! I thought if it didn't say or similar then you would have the car you booked that's why we pay to reserve that exact make & model. I can't believe they did that to you!

Edited at 06:53 PM.
Bubble123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 14, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

No one but the British book their vacations years ahead. Car rental vehicles are rotated out of fleet after a few months or when they reach a certain mileage. Something that is on the books now might not the there in six/nine months. Most renters want a vehicle that is fresh and with a low mileage. When cars are rented every week they some lose the "new" feeling and the car rental companies sell them on.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 14, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post

usrentacar do a "Ford Mustang Option" where they can guarantee you a Mustang convertible. When I looked it was around £60 extra to guarantee it for my particular dates.
Old 17 Mar 14, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We booked through Alamo and just hoped we got one. We did, both times. I'm not sure I'd want one in September though - it may just be too hot!
Old 17 Mar 14, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

We requested a ford mustang convertible on a previous trip and due to DD being Ill on the day we were due to travel and moving our flight to the next day it wasn't available when we arrived . DH asked what they had and we ended up with a camaro for a week then we returned to the airport a week into the holiday to collect the convertible only to find they still didn't have one and we got a hard topped mustang instead.
He was happy with both replacements but I don't always think they can guarantee cars even from one week to the next.
Old 18 Mar 14, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
misswylie
Excited about Disney

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. You have all been very help and I really appreciate it. I'll just have a shop around and keep my fingers crossed for him
misswylie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 14, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread