Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mlife - booking a hotel using My Vegas rewards

A couple of questions.
Where do you book, through the Mlife website or hotel website?
Regarding using the reward within 90 days, does that mean the first night of the hotel stay must be within 90 days?
I can view the promotional calendar for dates with 25% off, but not the calendar for a specific reduced rate. Any idea why?
Also if I buy a reward then it's not available what happens then (is the promotional calendar reliable - it's showing the dates I want as available)
Help on this appreciated, but I find the Mlife and My Vegas rewards very confusing.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi, usually when you claim a room reward you receive an email with a link. You open this link and your mlife account at the same time and anything your seeing should be available. If nothing is for your dates you could before at least get a refund on your points. It's only once it's redeemed in that you book the room you can't. You can book rooms and shows more than 90 days out. It's other stuff you can't. Hopefully they haven't changed the the rules
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola-disney15
Excited about Disney

They haven't changed the rules, we just purchased a 1 night comp at The Mirage for the first week in May which is more than 90 days away
nicola-disney15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for those helpful answers
Would the 25℅ be off the room rate showing for Mlife members, or is it off the rack rate on the hotel website.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola-disney15
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Thanks for those helpful answers
Would the 25℅ be off the room rate showing for Mlife members, or is it off the rack rate on the hotel website.
From what I have read on Facebook it is off the rack rate but never looked into it myself so not 100% sure, there is a group on there called "MyVegas Friends Rocks" which is full of advice

Edited at 06:24 PM.
nicola-disney15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Its off the standard rack rate, so they could well be better offers about if you didn't use the MyVegas reward

As for not being able to see a specific calendar it might be the dates your looking for are a black out period , If your there over Easter for example that weekend could be a black out period for certain rates/MyVegas rewards.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Its off the standard rack rate, so they could well be better offers about if you didn't use the MyVegas reward

As for not being able to see a specific calendar it might be the dates your looking for are a black out period , If your there over Easter for example that weekend could be a black out period for certain rates/MyVegas rewards.
Our dates are definitely available on the promotional calendar, they are 12th to 15th April. In fact those days are cheaper than some in March and early April. I seemed to have hit lucky
Having said that 25% off the rack rate isn't worth it. I think we'll stick to our original Jockey Club reservation. I've just been waivering over the last four nights of our trip, as I really want it to end on a high
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 07:38 PM.
Old 14 Jan 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
March is expensive because there are events on pretty much constantly, You've got the biggest convention Vegas holds, NASCAR, March Madness, Spring Break, St Patricks Day, Monster Jam so its much harder to get offers.

We looked into the Jockey Club a few years back and if you get lucky and get a room overlooking the Bellagio you'll end on a high :-)
But I wasn't going to risk looking at a brick wall for 2 weeks.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

We will be there the last four nights. As we are also in Vegas the first three nights of the trip I'm going to pop into the Jockey Club and see if an early arrival (or anything else) would increase our chances of a decent view. And if I really didn't like the look of it there's still time to cancel with a full refund, and find somewhere else.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Its a funny little place, most don't even know its there, I must have walked past it more times than I can count and didn't notice it..

Its independently owned and the reason its still there is because the owner refused to sell up when the MGM built the city centre hotels so they went as close as they could to the Jockey Club hence the brick wall.

Have you thought about renting a 2 bed suite at the MGM Signature direct from one of the owners, I'm sure Happy Traveller did this last year and it was a fair bit cheaper than booking with a agent .