Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 17, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Las Vegas - Tropicana or New York New York?

Looking for advice on which is better. Tropicana coming in cheaper. Pool looks better & we generally prefer smaller hotels. But some recent reviews of Tropicana are not good.
The theming of NYNY however looks fun
We will need 2 rooms, as travelling with our teens.
Staying 3 nights, end August, first visit.
Old 18 Jan 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've stopped on both, actually stopped in both on the same trip.

I like the Tropicana and the pool is really nice , rooms are bigger too by a long way.. I've stopped in both towers and prefer the one nearest to the strip.

But the theming isn't so fun I suppose and it has very few places to eat, there's a expensive coffee shop and that's about it. We've stayed there 20 nights in total and never eaten anything on site. Its actually a Hilton these days and in general they are good hotels.

NYNY has better theming, more food options and linked to the Hersheys world etc

Re the two rooms, you do know (at least on paper) you have to have a adult (so over 21) in the room, you aren't supposed to have teens in the rooms alone... now that's not to say it happens but just be aware when you check in you don't blurt out one room is for teens.

As for pools I wouldn't base my choice on that as such, you only have a few days there both pools will close at tea time so your pool time will be limited and I know in summer the Tropicana does have a lot of pool parties.

I would stop in either again quite happily but I've just asked my teens who've also stopped in both and they both said NYNY.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

Which ever is cheapest, both look the part and they are both on the same location.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you both. It's all quite confusing! Trop is cheaper. I think I'll watch both closely & if I can book a cancellable rate.
Old 18 Jan 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

These are from the tower furtherest away from the strip... It was ok (oddly enough all the English guests seemed to be sent to this one ).. but we much preferred the other tower on our previous stay.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

These are from the tower nearest to the strip , those rooms have nicer bathrooms and its a better view and also a lot quicker onto the strip from there.
Old 18 Jan 17, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post

These are from the tower nearest to the strip , those rooms have nicer bathrooms and its a better view and also a lot quicker onto the strip from there.
Thank you Daytonababe looks lovely. Sounds like the tower nearest strip better. Is that Club Tower?
Old 19 Jan 17, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
No the Paradise is the one nearest the strip with the better bathrooms.

Both times we've had rooms on high floors which we've asked for.

I have heard people say they get a lot of noise from the airport in the club rooms as its really close but we didn't , but I guess it does depend on where your room is.

There is also a smaller 3 story block of rooms nearer to the pool, some of the rooms have patio doors that open out onto the grass area or did when we last stayed there in 2013.