Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Oct 08, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Wow thats great news.
Old 18 Oct 08, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Diane! This is the cruise I'm saving my pennies for , for next October! Instead of the DCL transatlantic. I almost booked it two months ago..
Does this mean we are going to be shipmates Ste? I have to say a lot of this is down to reading your trip report last week so it would be kind of appropriate if we found you onboard too!

Diane x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 08, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
looks to ba an amazing trip, well done for saving all those points, shirley
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 08, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

How exciting Diane, I love the feeling when Mr T has paid for most of my holiday.

Tracey, I agree that extra points are now really hard to come by, so I do think when I use the ones I have been saving up this time, unless they go back to being generous, this could be the last big holiday using them. I suppose I cant complain after the amount of holidays we have had and I may even be able to go to some of the other supermarket chains for my shopping as I wont be so tied to Tesco.
Old 19 Oct 08, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Diane, that sounds fantastic

Happy Planning.
Old 19 Oct 08, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Do you save for years? or do you build points quicker by another method? I never seem to accumilate the points I would need for a holiday, other than maybe Butlins, and I always shop at Tesco's

Tracy
Old 19 Oct 08, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been saving for nearly 2 years..but will still only have enough with the Nov and next Feb to get something for about £700 -all paid for by Mr T but then if it only pays for 1 of us to go somewhere it is a big saving... we dont go all out like some people to get as many points as possible though we just do a normal bit of shopping/petrol but then sometimes we hardly spend anything on shopping as we tend to 'shop around' for bargains. We are planning to do a special trip next year and that £700 will go towards that.
Old 19 Oct 08, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lil
Imagineer

princess lil's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
woow sounds amazing soooo jealous, can i ask how many points it took for your cruise
Old 19 Oct 08, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Northernbird I belong to the Tesco Food Club, Wine Club and Healthy Living club (there is a baby club but thats not relevant for me) and always used the extra points given on receipts and with clubcard statements. That is how I built up points. However, the last lot from the clubs were rubbish, money off mainly which is useless, I haven't got an extra points receipt with my shopping for ages and they never seem to do 'if you buy this you get extra points' deals anymore. That is why I feel after spending this lot I am not going to bother revolving my shopping around Mr Tesco anymore. When I got nice free hols it was worth it, but now I will just swap any I do get for little things as I go, unless they change back.
Old 19 Oct 08, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JACKIEC
Excited about Disney

We set sail on Ventura in six and a bit weeks - am really looking forward to it. We are calling at a lot of the ports you do but are not transatlantic. Hope you have a fab time - we intend to.
Jackie
JACKIEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread