Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Nov 08, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Transport to the port!

Hi, a little advice needed, having never done a disney cruise, or any cruise for that matter we were considering to sample a 3 day one next xmas. However being in disney for 3 weeks having a full virgin package deal we would book the cruise direct. We were wondering the following,
1) is it worth the money?
2) How do you get to the port, we have a hire car can we park there or get a bus? we will be stopping in a disney resort.
3) Have you used the kids clubs? are they any good?
4) What do we need money for on board?

Sorry for so many questions!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 08, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi there
You will not be disappointed with the cruise. We did 3 days last year but it just wasn't long enough. You can get DCL bus from your hotel but it leaves later in the day and you will hit the busy check in time at the port. We drove last year, there is a secure car park there which at the moment you pay $15 per day to park. I would aim to be at the port for opening time around 10am then you will get a low boarding number and you can enjoy the ship while it is still quiet. My kids really enjoyed the kids clubs which they can come and go as they please. Parents get a pager and you can pick them up and drop them off at whatever activities they want to participate in. They are open from 8am til late. You don't need any cash onboard as everything is charge to your room key. Only places you will need cash is when you are in Nassau and to tip the waiters for room service and at the port for the porters who take your luggage. You can pay money into you onboard account before you go or just pay it off by credit card at the end of your cruise.

Is it worth it? Definately yes. I can't wait to be able to afford to go on a longer cruise.
Jackie
Xmas 2009 - Highgrove Villa, Perry's Ocean Edge, Daytona, Grand Floridian.
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 08, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I echo what Jackie says about the length of the cruise .. 3 nights is just not long enough. 4 is an ideal starter IMO.

The childrens clubs are second to none ... you can leave your children in there all day if you want, or you can juust drop them off for one or two activities per day ... completely up to you.

We had about $225 for our on board credit .. I had been putting some on monthly before we went. Well, it wasn't enough! The cocktails were tested, the beer was tested, the shops were tested! Ended up paying a smidgen over $400 in the end (total).

I would drive to the airport .. $15 per day fee but it means you can get there dead early, bags a number 2 boarding card and make the most of the Mickey pool before the masses get onboard. The pool will never be as empty.

Have you looked at my photo trip report of the 3 day cruise?
Old 6 Nov 08, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks bats, i really loved looking at your photos and you have convinced me, my boys are captain jack mad so worth it for that alone! It looks like it was great fun, i now wonder if 3 days is enough to do it all? Didi you have to pay for alcoholic drinks onboard?
I can't wait to go now may go away and price up a week onboard!
Old 6 Nov 08, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Sorry to say that we did have to pay for alcohol but it's not extortionate prices. Just slightly above pub prices so not too bad.
There is a soft drinks station on deck 9 which also has tea/coffee and that's completely free 24/7. At dinner, soft drinks are free apart from any speciality drinks.

It was very easy to lose track of the money (and we did! ) .. we bust our on board credit by quite alot but it was worth every penny and I would do it all again tomorrow.

If I had my time again, I would defo go for a 4 night (or 7 if you can afford it) .. but 4 nights would be a wonderful start for you.
I'm chuffed to bits that my photos have convinced you to go .. I did hope they would show people what they're missing.

If you pm me your address, I'll photocopy the Navigators for each day so you can get an idea of what went on for the adults and children. I don't have a scanner I'm afraid so I can only post things!
Old 6 Nov 08, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
athurstance
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You won't regret doing a Disney Cruise - we had a fabulous time. We took a stretch limo from the hotel down to the port - great fun and very good value in Orlando too. Loads of people do it - there was a big line of us all arriving. You don't have to worry about driving/parking - we hadn't hired a car as we started our holiday with the cruise. We stayed overnight at the Hyatt and were driven down in the morning.
There is a Disney shuttle bus or you can get a variety of limo/sedan cars available to drive you down. If you already have a hire car you can drive and park but if you can work round it it is easier to fit your car rental around the cruise.
athurstance is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 08, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post

How much

Hi athurstance, me and my family are doing the disney cruise on the 11th jan 09 but dont have a car, do you know how much for a taxi or limo to the port is from Hard Rock Hotel where we are staying before.

Thanks Lisa
Old 7 Nov 08, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread