Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 13, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Flying With Thomson

Hi when we have gone to Florida before we have flown with Virgin but this time we are flying with Thomson, have no idea what its like to fly with them or to fly to Sanford... any tips or reviews?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
AgentTink
Getting Excited

The inflight entertainment has improved since beginning of May as everyone can now pause, rewind and stop what they are watching and there is also more choice of movies.

If you are in economy they now dont offer a choice of meal, so if you are fussy i would suggest taking your own meal. The meal also no longer comes with cheese and crackers as a starter and it is a pasta salad.

The ear phones they give you really hurt my ears after an hour or two and it wasn't until the way home that i realised that you can use your own earphones. I was able to use my ipod ones on the way home which was far more comfortable.

If night flight home everyone gets a pillow and blanket.

And not sure if you may be on the dreamliner due to your holiday countdown, someone else may be able to advise on that .

We used Thomsons twilight checkin in Manchester and really made the process the next day much quicker and faster.
Disneyland Hong Kong - Nov 2006
AgentTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i really like flying into sanford... its a tiny airport about 20-30 mins further out than MCO.

its a lot like east midlands in size/style. basic facilities in the departure lounge, but you get through it a lot quicker than you would mco... depending on when you get in, if there arent any other planes landing there at around the same time (ie just before you) then you could be in your hire car and on the way to your accommodation within half an hour of getting off the plane.

as for the drive, there are two options... e lake mary blvd, or the toll road. depending where you are staying, it will cost just under $10 in tolls if you take that route. personally i prefer the non-toll route. it takes hardly any extra time, and drops you onto the i4 north of the orlando business district. so as long as you dont have to navigate it during weekday rush hour, the traffic will be fine.

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated... x
Old 20 May 13, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Tea is £2.50 a cup! No choice of food and stuff to buy is really dear. Take your own especially if you have kids !
Sanford is Ok but its alot further out and if you arrive after 3pm you will hit I/4 at a standstill with traffic. If you are not an experienced Florida Driver then go on the 417 its much quieter
Because you cannot check in online the queue for check in to come home was horrendous .
Old 20 May 13, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We flew with Thomson in 2011 and are again this year,they are great,if you are flying on the Dreamliner then it doesn't come into service till 8th July so no one has flown on it yet.
Thomson are. Supposed to be starting online check-in sometime in June,we do twilight check in at Manchester and it fantastic,wé love flying with Thomson because of sanford,its small quiet and fast to get out off,à straight drive to orlando which is just under an hour.

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Can you just book flights with Thomson or does it have to be the package holiday? Given what's going on at arrivals in Miami and Orlando, flying in to Sanford could be the way to go...
Old 20 May 13, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post

I flew with Virgin into MCO the first time. Flown with Thomson the last 2 times from Bristol to Sanford... no problems at all. Sanford is a much quieter airport than International.
Flying again from Bristol to Sanford with Thomson in sept. Booked flydrive with them and villa with Kenwood Travel.
Old 20 May 13, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by claraquack View Post
Can you just book flights with Thomson or does it have to be the package holiday? Given what's going on at arrivals in Miami and Orlando, flying in to Sanford could be the way to go...
nope, we booked thomson flight-only flights last year...

another option is tampa... again, its only about an hours drive from the airport to i-drive area, and fairly quick to go through. BA to direct flights from london and (IIRC) manchester, other carriers do indirect there too...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Honey Bunny
Excited about Disney

Honey Bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Flown to Sanford Flight only with Thomson 2010,2011 & 2012 on the 767's from both Manchester and Gatwick. Everything has been fine entertainment/food/no delay etc. Like Sanford in and out.