Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 14, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
slosh
Getting Excited

Virgin car hire

Booked car hire with Alamo via Virgin car hire yesterday. Does anyone know if Virgin has its own car hire desk at MCO or do you visit the main Alamo desk? Or, can you use Virgin reference number to register for 'timesave' and just head to the garage?
Thanks in anticipation 🚗🚗🚗

Can't wait!
slosh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 14, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by slosh View Post
Booked car hire with Alamo via Virgin car hire yesterday. Does anyone know if Virgin has its own car hire desk at MCO or do you visit the main Alamo desk? Or, can you use Virgin reference number to register for 'timesave' and just head to the garage?
Thanks in anticipation 🚗🚗🚗
Hi
You'll get a link from VH to Alamo ( this might work. v1.alamo/index.do?action...t-alamo-virgin )
Check in on line and go straight to the Garage with your paperwork, pick a car drive to the exit ,hand over documents and away you go.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 14, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi, I think I've read somewhere that you can even pick your car online with Alamo but not sure how true this is?
Can anybody shed any light on this?
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 14, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
You'll get a link from VH to Alamo ( this might work. v1.alamo/index.do?action...t-alamo-virgin )
Check in on line and go straight to the Garage with your paperwork, pick a car drive to the exit ,hand over documents and away you go.
Alex
OMG - i thought this could be done as my father used it, but when i emailed Alamo they said it can not be i would have to wait at the desk

Thank you soooooo Much for the link
Old 4 Mar 14, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
slosh
Getting Excited

Hi
Alex
Thank you so much. I will check out the link on the pc later. That would be terrific! Pre clearance in Dublin and quick car collection = more time at Universal on first day :-):-):-)

Can't wait!
slosh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 14, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mandatory taxes and fees on Alamo car hire?

We've just taken the 'free' Alamo car with our Virgin Hols and as recommeded by martin lewis website was going to take out a standalone CDW insurance policy.
But can anyone help with what these mandatory taxes and fees are and how much they cost?
Can't seem to find an answer anywhere!
Thanks
Old 5 Mar 14, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Chip&Dale
Apprentice Imagineer

Well, I've just completed save time and there was no option to enter my credit card details. The email I have received from Alamo states to go to the rental desk to collect retail agreement and keys! So confused?

11/2016 ~ Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
11/2014 ~ Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Villa (Kissimmee) & Disney's Yacht Club Resort
12/2010 ~ Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista & Villa (Davenport)
11/2009 ~ Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villa (Kissimmee)
11/2008 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2007 ~ Villa (Davenport)
11/2006 ~ Villa (Davenport), Miami, Key West & Fort Lauderdale
Chip&Dale is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 14, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dory15
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hello View Post
We've just taken the 'free' Alamo car with our Virgin Hols and as recommeded by martin lewis website was going to take out a standalone CDW insurance policy.
But can anyone help with what these mandatory taxes and fees are and how much they cost?
Can't seem to find an answer anywhere!
Thanks
We too were tempted by this but you will have to front the costs and claim back in the UK I would rather a) pay virgin the extra b) go to Alamo brits.
Dory15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 14, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Night-train
Very Serious Dibber

this might work. v1.alamo/index.do?action...t-alamo-virgin
Just tried this using my debit card and got this; 'We are unable to process your transaction at this time, please contact your credit card company.'

Does the system not recognise the debit card?
Old 6 Mar 14, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

think it depends on which debit card it is - I used my Nat West Visa Debit card without any problem.
As long as it has either the Visa or Mastercard logo on it you shoud be ok.
uktigg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread