Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Jan 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are staying at SSR. Thanks everyone you have been so helpful! Going to right a list of rides we want to do and research what DEFO needs a fastpass for. I plan on 2 days at MK so if we can get them done in day 1 can change FPs for the 2nd day what we didnt get done? How many hours in advance can you cancel and change FP? I have the app on my phone so can book 4th + in the park on that? X
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Amiee89 View Post
I plan on 2 days at MK so if we can get them done in day 1 can change FPs for the 2nd day what we didnt get done?
You can but unfortunately you have to cancel an existing FP booking before you can change your pre-booked FPs, and there is no way to find availability prior to cancelling - so there is a little risk involved.

We normally book multiple days planned as we feel is best to cover rides, and take anything else as a bonus, and only tend to change pre-booked FPs if we decide to change the day(s) we visit the park.

I have the app on my phone so can book 4th + in the park on that?
Yes, you can - once you've touched in on the last pre-booked FP you can look for and book the next FP (but only one at a time).
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Incarniac View Post
You can but unfortunately you have to cancel an existing FP booking before you can change your pre-booked FPs, and there is no way to find availability prior to cancelling - so there is a little risk involved.

We normally book multiple days planned as we feel is best to cover rides, and take anything else as a bonus, and only tend to change pre-booked FPs if we decide to change the day(s) we visit the park.

Yes, you can - once you've touched in on the last pre-booked FP you can look for and book the next FP (but only one at a time).
Ahhh i see, think i will book 2 days FP with the most popular rides just to be safe, theres loads we want to ride in MK but surely aint more then 6 rides we need a 60day + FP for? X
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Ahhh i see, think i will book 2 days FP with the most popular rides just to be safe, theres loads we want to ride in MK but surely aint more then 6 rides we need a 60day + FP for? X
For MK the 2 I would use fastpass is for the SDMT and Peter Pan or the meet and greet ones as they are always hard to get on the day, when I used our 1st 3, at MK there is nearly alway availability on the day for the likes of Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, IASW, Philharmagic, POTC. Look at wait times as they can help a little in the planning, everyone is different but make a list of your must do's and work around them. We always do a must do park in the morning and then later in the day go to a different park and with the app it is so easy to change things around. Have fun leave a few days to go with flow especially with children let them decide ours loved nothing better than coming out of MK and going on the monorail for a resort hop and once they had us going to every park do 2 rides in each park and we were had to use all the transport buses, boat monorail to get to the parks.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
What complicates things a little is that rides go into two 'tiers' and in the first tier you can only pre-book FP for one of them (between them). This forces you to make a decision between some of the rides. If we're there early we tend to try the non-FP rides first thing in the morning when queues are usually considerably shorter. On really busy days the queues build up pretty quickly though.

In the second 'tier' there is no such restriction.
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
For MK the 2 I would use fastpass is for the SDMT and Peter Pan or the meet and greet ones as they are always hard to get on the day, when I used our 1st 3, at MK there is nearly alway availability on the day for the likes of Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, IASW, Philharmagic, POTC. Look at wait times as they can help a little in the planning, everyone is different but make a list of your must do's and work around them. We always do a must do park in the morning and then later in the day go to a different park and with the app it is so easy to change things around. Have fun leave a few days to go with flow especially with children let them decide ours loved nothing better than coming out of MK and going on the monorail for a resort hop and once they had us going to every park do 2 rides in each park and we were had to use all the transport buses, boat monorail to get to the parks.
Great advice, we are their 2 weeks and are only doing disney and legoland so have left a few spare days where the kids can chose which park the liked the best and want to go back too 😬 X
Old 8 Jan 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Incarniac View Post
What complicates things a little is that rides go into two 'tiers' and in the first tier you can only pre-book FP for one of them (between them). This forces you to make a decision between some of the rides. If we're there early we tend to try the non-FP rides first thing in the morning when queues are usually considerably shorter. On really busy days the queues build up pretty quickly though.

In the second 'tier' there is no such restriction.
I didnt know this, just when i thought i had my head round it. Lol x
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
magic moments
Apprentice Imagineer

Given that you are staying onsite if possible make use of the extra morning magic hour.
magic moments is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

The tiers are only for HS and Epcot. You can book what you like for MK.
We tend to always book the same ones - seven dwarves, splash mountain, thunder mountain, space mountain are the priority.
I book fp from about 11. We go in July and if there at rope drop decide what area to start in. We sometimes head straight for Peter Pan, small world, haunted mansion etc or buzz, Astro orbiter, space then into fantasyland. On a non emh day you can do a lot before 11. I'm never that fussed about extra fastpass, we do a couple of quieter things and watch the parade after lunch then back to the resort.
Old 9 Jan 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
The tiers are only for HS and Epcot. You can book what you like for MK.

We tend to always book the same ones - seven dwarves, splash mountain, thunder mountain, space mountain are the priority.

I book fp from about 11. We go in July and if there at rope drop decide what area to start in. We sometimes head straight for Peter Pan, small world, haunted mansion etc or buzz, Astro orbiter, space then into fantasyland. On a non emh day you can do a lot before 11. I'm never that fussed about extra fastpass, we do a couple of quieter things and watch the parade after lunch then back to the resort.
Ah, you're right of course - for some reason I got confused, maybe because there are so many rides there you want to FP so it's still a hard choice

We're similar in how we tend to do it, but for MK we'll always go at least two days and split the FPs across the two days across all rides we definitely want to do. Then, if we're there first thing in the morning (and we usually are for at least one of the days), for the first couple of hours we'll try to do the non-FP rides on the opposite days if we can, but will make a judgment call when we're there (depending on wait times, etc).

Since we stay off-site it means we can never get FPs for SDMT, so that's usually first on the list on the first day, and we'll avoid any days with morning Extra Magic Hours.

Except for the start of the day, and FP bookings, we're otherwise dynamic and play by ear depending wait times and what we feel like. This can mean we're criss-crossing the park quite a bit, but to us that's part of it all.